Creative way for sealing off the trunk...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2353
Ok, I took the plunge and cut the back seat supports to fit Terry's box from inside. I now need to seal off the edges the rags ain't permanent, lol. It is weird, this box is sooo well braced there is almost no trunk rattle, doesn't even shake anymore! The bass sounds different, it peaks at around 33 hz, much lower than the 38hz I am used to, takes more power to get as loud but moves much more air.Here is a pic of my hoopties back seat or lack of. I have a lot of work to do that box is a temp, just an experiment for what to come but it is a good start. Any ideas are very welcome on ways and pics of sealing off the trunk area.. Thanks..Polo. :-)Upload

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1761
Install tinfoil around the box and car sides , (So it wont stick to em) and let er rip with expanding foam?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2782
Interesting....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1762
Maybe wax paper. Foam my stick to tinfoil. I would test it fist, just in case. Or use some of those pool noodles. MDF? Streatch cloth over the openings and paint with resin? Paint the exsiting rags with resin?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2710
line everything with masking tape and build a form.. shoot it with expanding foam :-)

that is prolly the easiest and most effective way. after the foam drys resin it for more strength... or just leave the forms hehe

im just gonna build a slot on the back of where my seat is that the box slides in to seal it off

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9383
that looks sick polo. looks loud as f**k too.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2354
Ya Chad it is loud, moves lots of air for sure. I have a lot of tweaking to do. For anyone else who has a grand prix don't be afraid to cut the steel it is non-supportive and will give you a lot more room. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 912
i would cut out a piece of MDF to fit around the sides and top

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2356
I had reviewed that idea Andrew, the only problem is that I have 2" max on either side of the enclosure and no room on top, lol. I may stick with the rags for now until I get a more permanent enclosure. Thanks for the ideas guys, expanding foam rules, LMFAO..Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9394
just roll up some foam sheets and wrap it with duct tape. then just wedge it in there nice and tight.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2357
SNAP! That just gave me an idea, I have like 2000sq ft of Pergo underlayment foam, thanks Chad..Polo.. :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us