Best sub or subs for 1000~

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1047
Im still in debate, i want to go ahead and order the 9915 but i want it to get crazy loud. Im planning on running 6Krms@2ohms and i want it LOUD and still have good quality, thats why i was thinking the 9915 but how would 2 9515's sound running each at 3Krms@2ohm . Im planning on spending around 1100$ on the sub or subs. Any other subs i should take into thought? I thought of the BTL but i heard it doesnt sound all that great but is great for the price. Would the 9515 compare to the BTL(fully loaded) in SPL, and still have better SQ, anyways my thoughts 1 or 2 subs, if one i was thinking 9915 if 2 i say around 500-600$ a sub. Needs to be wired for 2ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1769
lmao, you know what you getting yourself into. Your about to spend about 4k-5k give or take.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1770
but anyways, 9515's all the way.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1050
sounds good.. any other opionions?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1771
if direct spl, 99z. I'm guessing your getting massive audio amps?

I got the massive audio amps, nice amps, but! I kinda wish I dished out a little more $$ and got something else. If I could redo it all over again, I would get the soundstream xxx 6500.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1053
Well im going with 2 Earthquake PHD5000D amps to begin with, if i dont like the results i will sell them or keep them for spares for a future project, I will try one out on one sub before ill buy the other amp just to make sure i like the performance.. if not i will probally go with 2 DD Z1's or some other amps. I am hoping the earthquakes do the job tho mainly because this is more of a SPL setup, but im still trying to have decent SQ where you can tell the subs deffinetly arent no kickers or what not, i just want it to get loud, low, and not dirty.. another note..i made a post about it in the amps setion, but subs seem to have more viewers... How high does the THD have to be for the human ear to tell a difference? I believe my amp is rated at <.05%@2ohm is that really that bad? I seen sombody make a post that you cant even notice anything under 10% but i did notice a difference in the "punchyness" of the bass while it was wired at 4ohm over 2ohm. seemed 4ohm was much cleaner but not as loud s running at 2ohm, same amount of power and same enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 564
There is a crazy 15" earthquake makes that would handle both of those amps. If i find the link i will post it.

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 565
http://infiniteelectronix.com/item.asp?PID=11774
Im trying to find the other site but I saw them once for like 999.99
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us