Amp advice.

Username: Ainokea

Post Number: 3
Hey all!

I just got my new truck last week and now I am doing my research on my sound system that is mainly gunning for SQ over loudness. My truck is only a regular cab tacoma with bucket seats. So far I am thinking of getting either an alpine or clarion head unit (still undecided), focal 165v2's (I love the mids on these babies!), and one JL audio 10"w1v2 to fill out the low end. Now for the amp I was thinking of either going with the JL audio a4300 or the alpine MRPF-450. Both these amps are around 75w x 4 but I am looking for the amp with the best sound quality. Any opinions or other suggestions?

PEACE

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3930
JL obviously. Also for HUs add pioneer on that list or eclipse

Bronze Member
Username: Volcomstone

Pennsylvania United states

Post Number: 33
i agree with the other guy.....a pioneer HU would suit your needs....ive had probs. with alpine HU's.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1134
I think it's a total coin toss between the e4300 and F450. They're both solid amps - there's no reason to think there'd be an SQ advantage one way or the other.

The only reason I'd lean toward JL would be for neatness of having JL amp w/JL sub.

Post Number: 4
Optidriven,

Does it make a difference by keeping the amp and sub brand consistent? If so then I will certainly take your advice into consideration. Also, after looking around on the web, I think I may go for the JL 300/4. I'm thinking of just buying the amp on the web and get the other items from the local shop.

PEACE

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 165
personally i think that w1s blow and sound like crap ive hear em in alot of applications

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10492
makes no real audible difference in matching brands

but like said above does look more uniformed\matching having a sub powered by its own amp brand ......

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 553
Ascendant Audio Arsenals over JL!!

Post Number: 5
J B,

I understand that the w1's are not the end all be all, but my truck is a regular cab. I have looked around and all the shops I went to said that the w1's are the best subs in situations that are very space constrained. If you can recommend another sub that is just as good or better, while also adhering to the space limitations I'm all ears.

PEACE

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3978
image dynamics

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 4830
JL w3's?

Silver Member