Electrical Upgrade

Bronze Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 84
OK...I just want to be sure I know what I am getting myself into if I purchase a powerful system. The most I would go is like 2500 RMS. So, I would need to do the Big 3, a HO alternator, new battery(s?) and 1/0 wire throughout. Am I missing anything? Also, how many amp alterator and what battery(s) would I need? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1767
If you can get a 240-260amp alternator that would be good. Get 1 kinetik hc2400 in the back and a smaller one in the front. do the big 3 and 1 run of 0awg from front to back will be ideal. This should run you under 1k.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 768
Just get a 5x strap inverter system for 30,000 watts of inverter power. Then get an overpowered Class-I amp system (the one I saw puts out 8,000 w/ch x8 at 4ohms) so you could try and blow out your car speakers and subwoofers for no reason. I suspect that would destroy your alternator though.

Sorry, I must be bored.

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 85
OK...so I would need a 240-260 amp? I was looking around just a little and found 205 amp, but will keep looking. Would that be sufficient ot go bigger?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1768
look up iraggi on ebay. see if he has an alternator for you. if not, then contact him and ask for a price quote. Tell him how much power you plan to run and so forth and he'll tell you how big of an alternator you need to go.

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 86
BernyMacAttack...As far as the battery goes, what would I need in the front? I know you said smaller than the HC2400, but what would you suggest? Thanks!

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 91
Bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us