1 12inch image dynamic id max or 2 10 inch id max?

Bronze Member
Username: Razzeldazzel06

Post Number: 46
i have decided i am going to get an id max..i dont know if it would be better to get 1 12 inch or two 10 inch id max's...i like to listen to a lot of rap, techno, and some rock....but i dont like so much sound that you cant breathe thats why i dont wnat two 12's...but will two 10's bump and sound better then 1 12??

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 608
yup 2 10's would sound nice and get louder than 1 12

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11074
install FTW!!!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2677
if you can fit two 10s.. you can fit 2 12s..

so 2 12" IDMAX FTW!

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
well given that weather he dose 1 12 or 2 10's each install would be equall quallity.....i would say do 2 10's sealed and give em bothe the right amount of power you will have yourself a very nice sq setup

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
"but i dont like so much sound that you cant breathe thats why i dont wnat two 12's"
i think hes looking more for straight sq?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11076
each setup has its pros and cons....it really depends...honestly since u dont want bass that will take ur breathe away...i would just go 1 12..on around 500rms...sealed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
ill have a bass control knob so ill be fine..but which setup would have more bass and better sq..i aint looking for just sq..im looking for some good bass too when i want to have fun but i want excellent sq...if i didnt want any bass then id justs tick wit my system i have now cause it sounds great just has no kick to it..so out of the two setups which which would have better bass for rap music and techno..and still have amzing sound quality..even if i lower the bass on it..give me some ideas that goes witht he id maxs..what you think i would like??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
and for the record two 12's is way to loud and i dont want to take up to much room in my small truck two 10's is th most ill let take up...and i am going to get 1 memphis 1000d amp to power what ever i get

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
any suggestions??

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD, 15 Wangers Yeah, Its 15...

Post Number: 444
2 12 is too loud...go sit in chads car lmao!

2 10's more cone area and more sq

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
will the two 10;s have nice bump also for rap music..better thent he 1 12??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
and will 1 memphis 1000d which is rated 1100 rms be good enough to power 2 10 inch id max

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
someone help??

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1054
where are those setups that you "cant breathe" i dont get it... every setup ive seen like that has always been in a car, never a suv, and the bass response was awesome... to bad they wouldnt pop there trunks to let me take a peak.... And it is mainly when the SQ in the bass response hits so quickly togethor where i couldnt breathe... holding the same note.. im fine.. is it maybe just really high tuning or what?... btw this was back in the day when i seen most of those setups... back when Styles P - I Get High was a hit lmao and that song was insanely loud in some setups i heard back then... and i cant even get it to hit half as hard in any setup ive seen since then... wierd huh? i think i missing somthing between the 2 different types of bass.... is it just the fact of it being in a car or what?

Bronze Member
Username: Thecrypt

Post Number: 70
Hey guys, I've been so busy away on business. In fact, I have to get to a meeting here in a couple hours! Bobby, I've chosen IDMAX as well and from what I've seen you'll like it. Ok, guys I'm headed off to breakfast. My wife is holding my stuff for me until I get home so I can have it installed. I think my 4 IDMAX 12's are in now!
Man, I'm late! I better go. I hate being in a hurry sometimes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
ok my question is this lol would 2 10 inch id max subs which is rated at 500-700 rms with 1 1000d memphis amp rated at 1100 rms sound better and bump better with better quality of low and high pitch sounds than 1 12 inch id max rated at 750-1000 rms with 1 1000d memphis amp

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 319
it depends if you really like your lows, a 12 resonates louder at 30 hz than a 10" of the same model. its really just depends on your prefernces but the install will be the greatest factor in how your system sounds when comparing two 10s versus the one 12. if it were me i would take the 12 because i prefer rap and low notes that seem elongated aka mike jones, paul wall etc. from a build perspective the larger the sub the better lows it provides. but if your comaring two tens against one 12 then it closes the gap considerably. (hence the reason the install is so important) if you isolate the install then two 10's will get louder because more motor strength, more cone area, and dissipates heat faster. so it really depends on what you like but quite quite simply if money isnt an issue i think probably two 10's would be awesome for you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
so two 10s that are installed right will bump as good or better then 1 12inch???

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
yeah

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
yes more cone area ftw

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
AND ONE MONO MEMPHIS 1100 RMS AMP IS GOOD ENOUGH TO POWER TWO 10 INCH 800 RMS SUBS??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
and do i need a capacitor or high output regulator???..i have the new dodge nitro

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
im also getting a head unit and zenon lights so do i need another amp for the navi headunit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
????

Bronze Member
Username: Notoriousroc1

Post Number: 14
why would you need an amp for a HU?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
i dont know i heard you did??my car comes with a 160a alternator and a 600cca battery maintenance free..so do i need a capacitor or alternator or better battery for what im getting???also is one mono 1100rms amp powerful enough to run two 1000 rms subs??

Bronze Member
Username: Notoriousroc1

Post Number: 16
here:
http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/charging.html

i think that amp would be powerful enough, but they would only get to half of their potential; what brand is the amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
u defiently dotn need a new alt or battery or anything ur only runnin 1100 thats not a lot

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
its memphis,,the guy at the store said it would be the best amp to get for these type of subs..i also read on the id max site a few people had them hooked up to memphis amps..and in general i heard they are some of the best amps out on the market...if u think otherwise give me some other amps that you think would be better for my subs and how many amps should i get i dont know too much besides what i learn form this site

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
i posted in the accessory threat and they said i need a better alternator and i should get two kinetiks 1 int he fonr tand 1 in the back(WHATis a kinetik) also they said i should get two of those amps to run my subs but i aint looking to take up anymore room cause i have a nice spot for 1 amp so should i get a more powerful amp i have no price limit so just tell me if that really isnt good enough cause the guy at the store seemed to know what he was saying but he said 1 of these 1100 rms memphis amps would be perfect he said it was a "winning formula" lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
???

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
that one amp will be fine, im sure your not worried about losin a few DB's your into sq and wanna bump if needed right?i will never recommend a cap because kinetik batterys have similar ESR (discharge just as fast) and provide MUCH more power for similar price as a cap . i know you rely on this forum for a lot of help in your setup, feel free to PM me and ill help you out with what i know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
trey i tried to pm where do i go for when u repky back my email or like somewhere on the site...does anyone else have anything to contribute on my dilema??

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
i sent the reply directly to your email
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us