Wiring dual voice coil 4ohm type r subs to get 2 ohms resistance at amp

Username: Tom14pep

Post Number: 4
I have two alpine type r 12" subs that are dual voice coil 4ohm. I have a type RF X6 a rockford fosgate amp that will put out 1100 watts at 2 ohms and 700 at 4. I am trying to get it wired to get 2 ohms so i can get the most power. I have the positive hooked up to 1 voice coil, the negative to the other, and a wire inbetween the pos and negative that aren't being used. Is this making 2 ohms at the amp? each sub is set up like this, and it is a mono amp. any help would be appreciated.}

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1154
if its dual 4ohm u cant get 2ohms mono.

Bronze Member
Username: Gus738

Post Number: 11
you cant wire 4 ohm subs to be 2 ohm? i thought all you do is wire both subs on red and to its slot and the negs to another slot

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2537
you cannot wire 2 dual 4 ohm subs to 2 ohm. they can be wired to 1 ohm or 4 ohm.

you can wire 2 single 4 ohm subs to 2 ohms tho

or yuo can wire 1 dual 4 ohm sub to 2 ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
so in my case im looking for the Kicker L5 with the factory box 06DS12L52 but i'v only come up with the 54 (mayjor retailers have both but is 700 bucks) so my question is can i run those 2 L5's that are 4 0hm to be 2 ohm? cuz i only have the kicker zx1500 and thats 1500 watts based on a 2 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2538
if the subs are dual 4 ohm, then yuo can only wire them to 1 ohm or 4 ohm...<--thats for 2 dual 4ohm subs

if its 1 dual 4 ohm sub, then yes, yuo can wire it to 2 ohm...

have yo bought anything yet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
no i havnt bought the subs , i bought the amp zx1500.1 new in box from ebay ( these retail in stores for 1g and 500 ish online ....

and now im looking for just the best deal on the 06DS12L52 , they run for 700 on circuit city and i found a new in box 350 from a store online so i was trying ask members if the box it self matters? i mean i know it does but if i buy a generic ebay one even if its ported would i loose power/base sound compared to the kicker designed one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us