Camaro-Firebird-Trans Am?

Bronze Member
Username: Dreamtheater

Post Number: 41
Has anybody had a Third generation (1982-1992) Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am? i need to build myself a new box and need more airspace.. I wanted to see if anybody had pics of installs they had done in one of them.. i was also going to port the box.. anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpngrind

Post Number: 34
yeah, i have a 97' camaro but i think i could do much better with something different than i have now, pics of installs would be awesome!

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 289
I have a 91 Camaro. honeslty right now since i dont have the cash right now i cut some mdf and laid it down in that drop down thing in the back. you know how it drops down, then has the ledges on each side? i just used that to make its own box. just make sure its really snug. and im not gonna joke with you, it actually sounds really really good for how little work it is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
thats what i have. but wehn i went to port it .. it seemed like there wasnt enough space for it.. so im gonna do that same box and raise it up.. but then extend to the backseats i think.. still up in the air with it.. just wanted to see waht other people have/ or have done

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1131
There is enough room for a ported enclosure for a 12" about 2.5cubes after sub and port displacment.

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1132
Box wont be as easy to build as a normal ported enclosure but it can be done if you have the skills.

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
im looking to put 2 12s in there though... and i am far from having the skills to do this :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
where did you get those kebo? you make them yourself? the drawings i mean

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1147
I acutally got those from another forum and if you are wanted ported you arent gonna get 2 of them.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 290
a buddy of mine has a box like kinda what i think you want except it comes all the way up towards the hatch, then angles into the car. but the box goes down into both parts of the drop down in the back, so i think it has a pretty good amoung of air space. and then the ports are just above the subs on the box. you might be able to do that?

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 291
its kinda like this box http://cgi.ebay.com/CHEVROLET-CAMARO-CUSTOM-10-MDF-SUB-WOOFER-SUBWOOFER-BOX_W0QQ itemZ160073755487QQihZ006QQcategoryZ50565QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem , only if you added another large box in the middle of it, that way it fills that whole drop down area all the way up till it almost touches the back hatch. its hard to describe, so i hope u get what im tryin to say lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
thats the box i have atm.. sealed.. but it doesnt seem like theres enough to port it

Gold Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1155
not for 2 subs there isnt.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2709
aero ports FTW :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 167
ya i got a 1991 Firebird and im gonna do 2 12" Fi Q's or the new BL subs from Fi and i ordered a bada** custom box that looks nice...ill send pics and ill put a pic up of of install ive seen...

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1330008/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

image/x-jgUpload
Firebird BOX (28.6 k)

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 168
also if u didnt no theres a good website for the third generation cars....its www.thirdgen.org

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
heh cody i was the one who gave you that site ;D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
soo what exactly are aero ports? and how are they different from just regular porting? and where can i find them?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2355
Dude if I was you I would get a TA and lose the back seat all together! It would be MUCH easier to build a wall, slap a couple of 18's porting using some 6-8" aeros. The back seats reallt aren't all that funtional anyways, comfortably only one person can sit back there laying across the seat. Polo.. :-O

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
temporary fix to stop that back part from rattling (97' camaro)?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
i need the space polo.. i gotta drive my brother and my girlfriend to school.. i need the seats.. i do have a camaro thats just sittin in my driveway (91).. if i decide to actually use that car.. i would think about doing that.. but for now i want one for the hatch area, seeing that i need the space

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
I would like to build a wall and put a solox 18" in there, but how would i do that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us