HD315 - Fi BTL15 - Kicker 15" L7

Username: Lance_p

Post Number: 10
hi, i was wondering which one would you guys prefer..they are all about the same price, also with your preference, what amp to go with it? looking at $200-$300...also can someone please break down the specs for each for me...id appreciate it...im new to all this car audio and i'd appreciate your help thankyou very much.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1025
Well the L7 doesnt even really compare... eliminate that, the BTL i think is like 380 with the base model and not sure aboutt he hd315 price but i would leave it between the BTL and HD3 personally, buy logans 2500d if he still has it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
do you know the RMS on the btl and the Hd? and what exactly do they mean when you need electrical upgrades?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1751
the btl and the hd3 will handle the same amount of power. Preferabaly 3krms. The btl can handle more if you go with a fully loaded btl. Upgrading it so that it can handle more power.

Electrical upgrades consist of batteries, alternator, big 3, and bigger power wire. To run 3k safely you'll most likely spend under 1k on electrical upgrades. Depending on your car, H/O alts prices differentiate on different cars.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i have a 2003 acura mdx, does this mean i have to change a lot of stuff under the hood of my car to run 3k?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1752
yep. you'll need atleast a 200amp alt, and a kinetik hc2400 in the back, and like a hc800 in the front atleast. alts usually run 300-400 depending how big you want it and if you want a lifetime warranty (iraggi alts). My alternator cost me 500. Batteries will probaly run you 500 also. Yeah man, running 3k aint no joke and its a lot of money if you want to do it right.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
wow i didnt know all that..thnx for telling me before i started buying stuff...so what would you consider running in my mdx that would hit hard that wouldnt require any change in my stock mdx set up under the hood?...I really appreciate you helping me berny. thnx

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1753
whats the loudest you heard? If you never heard 3000watts then you in for a surprise.

A stock charging system can handle anywhere between 1000rms-1500rms safely and efficiently. Even at this amount of power you'll want to consider some type of charging upgrade. Mainly the Big 3 and a drycell battery. Optima would most likely be your best option or you can go with a kinetik/odyssey batteries as well.

If you had a previous sound system, what did it consist of and I can probaly tell you what will get louder than that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ive never heard a 3000wat system...my last system was crappy...it consists of 2 12" audiobahn subs running on 1 visonik 2 channel amp with 800 wats max ...i didnt know what i was buying back then, but i want something WAY WAY better than that...realistically, i am very new to this...I just dont wanna deal with changing anything under my hood, so 1000-1500 sounds good...what do you think about 1 15" kicker L7? or maybe you can help me with the whole system lay out, i know its too much to ask for, its ok if you cant i appreciate all the help you've given me already

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1029
If your trying to run a setup from stock power system jsut go with the L7 in a custom box..sombody can help u make designs and give it like 1K rms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
thats what i was thinking of but what amp could i run on this to make sure it uses all its power?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1754
L7 is crap. Getting L7's is like getting audiobahn all over again. Look into two AQ sd2.5's 15 preferably, 2 fi SSD 15's, 1 AQ hd315, 1 FI Q 15 or 18, 2 alpine type r 15's. Theres a lot of other brands, I'm just not use to their prices.

Other name brand subs to look at:
Mmats
Image Dynamics
Treo
Ascendant Audio

Then once your all done picking out which subs you want and such. Pick a amp from the following manufactuers.

Kicker
Orion
Pheonix Gold
Elemental Designs
Massive Audio

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
what about hifonics?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1031
well the L7 is about rated right anything over and it will probally blow. If you go with any of the subs that berny named, they are all more then likly underrated so you can still give them extra power if your not happy with how they sound. Of the top of my head the only models i can think of for the brands he mentioned that would be best for your needs maybe the Ascendant audio 15 Havoc or Treo 15SX, be careful when you buy the things though, you want to make sure your getting a VC config that you can match with your amp. Once you pick the sub, choose a amp then decide which config you need for the amp.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1755
you can go with hifonics, but their amps are overrated. Get an amp that'll push out the power it says it pushes out.

for example. a hifonics 1500rms amp will only do 1200rms. So get a real amp that'll do 1500rms and has a better resale value.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1032
whats your budget on a amp?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1033
Stay away from bestbuy main stream brands.. most are overrated or over overpriced or both, you can find better amps that are actually underrated at flea markets for cheaper(orion) i never used them but for the price they go for and all i heard about them they sound like solid a$s amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us