Kicker ZX1500.1 vs. Hifonics BXi1606D

Bronze Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 68
So, as the title says, which amp would be better? The price is considerably different, so is the Kicker worth the extra money? Also, would an electrical upgrade be needed. I have a 130 am alternator. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2923
kicker. better build quality, they underrate their amps (that amp will probably actually do 1800wrms given a good 14.4v.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10429
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17085

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16368

hands down kicker makes the better amp

but do note that the kicker is down to 2ohms only while the Hif is 1 ohm stable .....

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 70
OK...so you believe it is well worth the extra money to buy the Kicker? Is the Hifonics still a good amp or is it a waste of money?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2925
if you need the power at 2ohm definately get the kicker. personally i would never get a hifonics. nothing wrong with them, they are very good budget amps, but you'll be happier getting something of better quality.

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 71
OK...this is all for this summer, as my other posts show as well. I just am excited to be done with school and have money again! Well, if I have the money, I will go with the Kicker, but won't feel too bad about getting the Hifonics if neccessary.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 4753
hifonics is starting to become shitty

Bronze Member
Username: Gus738

Post Number: 16
i'm glad i got my brand new kicker ZX1500.1 and i paid 300 new not refur ( hasnt arrive so dont know birth sheet) why is the other brand un perferable is it bad?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2629
hifonics overrates their amps. you'll see about 80% of what they say the rms is.

get the kicker amp, hands down

but your looking at 2 completly different numbers cause the hifonics is 1 ohm stable and the kicker is 2 ohm stable. so if you need the power at one ohm, get the hifonics if u need that much power at 2 ohm get the kicker

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
better yet what subs are you going to powerd with either of these amps? ( 06DS12L52?) L5s are nice wit the zx1500

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3958
they can't be compared

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 4779
L5's suck d!ck..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2637
^^i was thinking the same thing

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 74
Oh come one guys, L-7's are awesome, they get loud as hell ! Hell I was thinkin about getting 10 of em in my Mercury Sable

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
logan whats your set up ? l5 dont suck they actually run loud and CLEAN a bit both of a spl and sq :D btw nick why 10 l7s lol ^_^

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11136
L5's suck.....plain and simple.....

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1808
Hifonics is still better than most other companies. They may only show 80% of power stated, but thats better than some companies saying 1800rms and it only does 200rms. Hifonics is decent. Not the best, and definitely not the worse.

If money isn't an issue and you plan to do 2 subs wire at 2ohms, then Kicker.

If you already got subs and can only wire at only 1ohm then consider something else thats as good as kicker.

If money is an issue and your aiming for 1ohm stable. Then you got hifonics. Theres also Elemental Designs.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1809
when I said 1800rms I meant watts. because they can't claim it to be 1800rms sicne it really doesn't do 1800rms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
ok so if L5's /L7's suck then im guessing your gonna say that you love Solo X am i correct?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11190
Yep...Solo's sux 2...

Username: Bumpin612s

Post Number: 4
i have 4 kicker zx750.1 and they are great

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
the end are you a kicker hater? L5 suck l7 suck solo x sucks let me guess CVX and all kicker products suck.... why do you hate kicker soo much?

Silver Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 104
Ive had L5's and in sq they suck but if you want loud for decent price there alright

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3046
both l5 and l7's suck, in fact all kicker subs suck with the exception of the cvx. great beginner subs and poor people subs imo.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
did you have them in the stock enclosure or a custom enclosure ????? and with what were you powering it ? i'm thinking your miss powering them and if you had them in a custom enclosure even worser lol ..... and i dont think you would say the suck on the dual elcosed w/vented box they are loud and clean lol the trick is to them powerd enough and proper enclosure

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2767
the end actually owned 4 l7's and 4 kicker amps...cant remember which ones...i think he would know if they were good or not...theres a lot better stuf out there than kicker.

they have nice amps tho

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
lol they sound nice on circuit city then my friend has the 06DS12L5-2 the 2 ohm version and they hit hard and clean and he was under powering them i belive.... what better can there be besides the L5? lol its 600 rms i come from a 12 se audiobahn which throws 400 watts i belive , i didnt knew stuff back then lol....
how is there better subs??? and right solo x sucks im sure none of you owned solo x

ohh and ctmike the L7 is the EXACT version of the L7 with the resigned of Round rather then square . either your miss judgeing or full of $hit ....

what are good subs??? ohh let me guess high end ones that require an entire eletricle system upgrade....

both l5 and l7's suck, in fact all kicker subs suck with the exception of the cvx. great beginner subs and poor people subs imo.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2770
list of subs i would have over kicker l5/l7
soem may not be louder but itd be close

DD2512
DD3512
Fi SSD
Fi BL
Fi Q
Audioque SD2.5
Audioque HD3
Stereo Integrity BM
Stereo Integrity MAG
TC Sounds TC2000
TC Sounds TC3000
Ascendant Audio Aresenal
Ascendant Audio Havoc

just a little list of subs...

Username: Josegs3

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 1
hey gustavo you say you bought your zx1500.1 4 300...where?? thanx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i never heard of none of these brands , i looked into the TC Sounds TC3000 but 1,000 rms ? bull$hit man i dont think it can even do so and is it loud or even clean? it got to my attention that you said that these are less louder .... given what i paid for i dont think i got a bad deal , but do you just hate the brand cuz i cant see any way that these l5/l7/cvx suck at all

the only ones that sounded decent are the Stereo Integrity BM i was watching these videos , http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208723

if their so good how come no major retailer owns these????? all Stereo Integrity are 4 ohm which means more amp power .... i have the zx1500.1 and the 06ds12l52 , each sub does 600 rms x2 = 1,200 rms and the peak on each is 1,200 x 2 = 2,400 so rms for this box is 1,200 rms peak 2,400 how can their be any better then this?

are these new brands????

oh and jose i got my amp at ebay new ^_^

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3047
"its 600 rms i come from a 12 se audiobahn which throws 400 watts i belive"

you do know rms really doesn't mean everything, right?

"ohh and ctmike the L7 is the EXACT version of the L7 with the resigned of Round rather then square . either your miss judgeing or full of $hit ...."

o.k. dumbas_ first, makes no sense. l7 is the exact version of the l7. take it your meaning the cvx? the main reason it is better is the better sq and the simple fact that it is round shaped, not square. if you don't know why then you need to do some research.

"what are good subs??? ohh let me guess high end ones that require an entire eletricle system upgrade...."

you know that really cheap, crappy subs can require an electrical system upgrade? doesn't matter if you run $1000 subs or $100 subs, it depends on the power of your system.

so next time start saying someone is full of shi_t if you don't know what your talking about, then don't say nothing at all. if your happy with kicker then fine. but when you come to a public forum where everyone has their own opinion then don't take offense when you find out the subs you have/are going to have, or whatever, and regard as the best or whatever you think of them really aren't thought highly of. still stand by what i said about kicker subs, they suck. only thing i like from kicker is thier amps and wiring, and the cvx.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3048
"all Stereo Integrity are 4 ohm which means more amp power"

"i have the zx1500.1 and the 06ds12l52 , each sub does 600 rms x2 = 1,200 rms and the peak on each is 1,200 x 2 = 2,400 so rms for this box is 1,200 rms peak 2,400 how can their be any better then this?"

you really don't know what your talking about do you?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
lol i ment l7 are the same as the cvx read it on the kicker page and they even have the same exact rms/peak ratings.... and yes your right a cheap or a high end system can require an eletricle system upgrade , i should of thought before asking/saying someting . as far as the last post yeah i do know i just gave you rms/peak ratings lol .... and your right everyone has diffrent thoughts and opinions but im just asking how are any of these brand better ? and in what way?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3050
build quality, depending on models better sq/spl/sql. you really have to compare one sub to another to get a good comparision. i.e. an l7 is louder than a w6, but the w6 rap_es it in sq, and build quality. plus from what i've read/been told the l5 and l7 subs have the largest return rate due to failure. personally seen it myself.

again, nothing personal towards you. remember, no matter if everyone else in the whole world hates the subs you have, if you like them then that's all that matters:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i just dont see how these subs are bad lol as long as they are properly powerd their fine , and that sound integerty sounded loud and yet i never herad of all these brands you told me about , oh well thx tho

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 343
gustavo, first off dont take any offense to what i have to say i just get angered when ppl say sh!t like that. kicker makes mediocre subwoofers at best. to awnser your question why youve never heard of these other brands is because they dont deal "mainstream" meaning they dont have a middle man selling there stuff and essentially making a decent sub very expensive because of the middle man. the really high end car audio is stuff that is underground and is designed to be sold direct from manufacturer and not use a middle man because the market there selling too knows how to do the install themselves, just go to ANY competition locally and you will see what im talking about.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
ok so kicker are set to lower to middle end while the solox gets an ideal of high end am i correct?

Bronze Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 90
yes gustavo dont listen to some of these ppl those solo-barics are solo-barics, ppl always says its a major up grade from l5 12 to l7 12, well believe me it is not, but for the price diff from the 15 and 17 i would keed the l5's thats wat i got 2. and there loud, as kicker always says LIVIN LOUD

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
kicker is not that good at all, their amps are good. their square subs are cheap SPL thats it. the solo x is just decent because it can be used in competition and will get loud, but retains very little SQ and their notorious for blown cones. just ask any of the pros around this forum. mainstream car audio is not competition worthy with a small exception.

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 2
on ebay! i see them for like 450 new...which part on ebay??ineed one too to complete my kicker system>

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
sometimes theirs bids jose sometimes theirs buy it now , but yea i got lucky and got a new one not refurbish or such.... ^_^

so could of i gotten better then the L5? now the price is going to be shocking because i got these NEW sealed as well Not from ebay but i got the exact 06DS12L52 so that means i got them with kicker enclosure as well .... i paid 300 for the 06DS12L52 for the price i dont think i could of gotten better , sub box + subs ^_^

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 3
on ebay! i see them for like 450 new...which part on ebay??ineed one too to complete my kicker system>

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 5
i got 2 kicker L7 in a ported box for 450.00 on ebay so i think it would of been better,,i got lucky 2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
thats good , except they are better recommended to be in a vented enclosure while i'v seen the L7s with the ported enclosure let me guess they ahve the little hole in the middle , one sub on the left and the other one on the right ? maybe the enclosure is making you loose out of the great subs ^_^ but yeah 150 more rms

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3996
Bro l7s s.ck a lot. For the price, they're the best SPL sub, but if you compare their SQ against all subs, they s.cuk. There are many subs that will sound better than L7s. None of them are as cheap as L7s but for example. For the money of a L7, you can get a FI SSD with all the options and you will have a loud/clean sub. Newbies can't tell between SQ and SPL, that's in your case.

FYI, Ctmike knows a lot about car audio and you should read more about car audio.

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 6
no..one long rectangular one on both sides,AND kicker is one of the best mainstream subs first of all and second of all those competition subs are 4 what? to blow your windshield and eardrums?? kicker L7 is LOUD. My friend has 2 kicker L7 and he bumped the subs as loud as they went and my other friend in the passenger seat was eating french fries and wasnt able to swallow them he kept on gagging them out. THATS KICKER.

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 7
ALMANI DVD PLAYER
2 KICKER L7 SOLOBARICS 4 OHMS
2 PAIRS OF KICKER SS65.2 SPEAKER COMPONENTS
PIONEER 4 CHANNEL
KICKER KQ9 SUB EQUALIZER
SOON TO HAVE KICKER ZX1500.1 MONO SUB
ALL IN MY 454 SS CHEVY NOVA SITTING ON 20"
CLIFFORD HEADERS AND 40 SERIES FLOWMASTERS EXAUGHST WILL KICK YOR A** ALL YOU CAN SEE IS MY KICKER STICKER IN THE BACK HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2820
". My friend has 2 kicker L7 and he bumped the subs as loud as they went and my other friend in the passenger seat was eating french fries and wasnt able to swallow them he kept on gagging them out. THATS KICKER."

that just means your friend is an idiot...and honestly, i think i speak for most of the forum here, the subs i mentioned above, are a lot better than the L7. not all are gonna be louder than an L7 probably, but they will A) sounds better B)last longer...so while your getting a b0ner over kicker, have fun replacing those subs after they break...

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
yeah seriously fagg dont come on here and try to flame members like ctmike and yanks, because A. youra dumbsh!t B. you prove that to us by making your false statements about how kicker is sooo good, which they are not. and C. you tell Hom0 little storys about how your lil pals suckin cummm in a blazer and cant swallow once you buddy turns it up....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
trey that wasnt nice at all cant you take a bit of conversation? this is a forum to talk after all lol.... anywayas i have a quick question , i have crunch one of my cars , its a blx4175 i checked the specs and this seems to have an upper hand compared to the zx850.4 the crunch amps arent class D but is it better then the zx850.4? and the best current amp from crunch is GP 1400.4 are any of these amps better then the kicker ? in the 4 channel wise compared to the zx850.4 ????

" yeah seriously fagg dont come on here and try to flame members like ctmike and yanks, because A. youra dumbsh!t B. you prove that to us by making your false statements about how kicker is sooo good, which they are not. and C. you tell Hom0 little storys about how your lil pals suckin cummm in a blazer and cant swallow once you buddy turns it up.... "

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 8
yanks is a loser who cant even afford kicker living with his mommy and trey, your username is trey4sports? then what are you doing on this forum all day pen!s breath? i bet both of you geeks wouldnt be talkin so much in my face...oh and by the way i am not a fagg i get more punani than your momma and poppas ever did!! p.s. kicker is still better and my friend can kick both your ases.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
jose that's enough , am i actually here the only one who can keep my cool w/out saying $hit to anyone????

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2836
"yanks is a loser who cant even afford kicker living with his mommy and trey, your username is trey4sports? then what are you doing on this forum all day pen!s breath? i bet both of you geeks wouldnt be talkin so much in my face...oh and by the way i am not a fagg i get more punani than your momma and poppas ever did!! p.s. kicker is still better and my friend can kick both your ases."

lolololol, i dont think ive laughed that hard in a while my friend...i cant afford kicker...hate to break it to you bud...but i got plenty of money, and kicker isnt really expensive...and yes i do live with my mom, im 17 you d0uchebag...

but seriously, the best line in this whole thing is:
"my friend can kick both your ases."
what kind of pusssy says that...lol...fight for yourself you v@gina...damnn

lolololol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2837
oh i never would use the money i have to buy a sh!t sub like kicker bud...

maybe a kicker amp, their kinda nice...i like them...the sub tho, not so much

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 709
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 03:53 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol they sound nice on circuit city

CC hahaha and odtn lsiten to nick he's dumb no one on here lieks him

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 710
and dotn try and flame my boy yanks. or ct where are all the noobs comin and trying to diss respected membersUpload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
uhh hate to break it to your little talk but can someone answer my question?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3057
you mean is crunch better than kicker? if thats your question then no.

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 10
i said that because you said my friend is a dumbazs but son you wouldnt want to fight me, hey i live inanaheim if your in town i would be glad to give you a couple crackz here and there...o and biggs you are going to hell, that is messed up the way you posted the pope like that.

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 713
fi FTW

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2844
kicker everyday over crunch

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 714
FI FTMFGDW

Bronze Member

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 12
UploadKicker

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2845
if i recall correctly, i dont believe i made any reference to fighting you...lol

and to be honest with you, this is retarded fighting over the internet. well if i ever make my way out to anaheim...ill be sure to hit you up my friend...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2846
dude, if i could use photoshop, i would put a piece of sh!t on top of the box because they are doo-doo...just FYI

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 715
hey jose. hahaha yanks will pick me up u cna ry and crack me around. So lets roll bia
Upload

Bronze Member

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 13
yankee doodle fan,,im sorry to hear that you still live with mommy but hey dont worry kid,when you grow up to be a big boy then maybe you can get your own car and return your moms minivan back to her,,maybe she will givve you a glass of warm milk and some cookies.

Bronze Member

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 14
is that you biggs? you look a f-in fagg i feel sorry for you e thug but your homeboy yankee doodle doo has your back...wait...hes underaaged nevermind he will probably go to the principle.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2848
ah man...you are hilairous, let me tell you. yea i live with my mom and my dad in a suburban town outside a big city. im 17 idiot. most people live with their parents when h=they are under 18, its called being in HS. maybe you didnt go so you wouldnt know i dont know you so i cant say anything...we dont own a minivan either so itd be hard for me to drive one...i drive a scion tc, not the greatest car i know but hey, its gets me around. and as for the cookies and milk, i would love soem because milk and cookies kick a$s.

now with all that said, why dont you leave this forum and just go away. go to a different forum. and this time when you go, why dont you not flame some of the respected members. doesnt make you popular. or tight for that matter. i see you are 18 in your profile...you in college or in HS? cause if your in HS yuo live with your parents and if your in college, chacnes are, you live with your parents...just saying. the only reason you are arguing with me is because i simply owned you with the list of subs i made...
well hope you enjoyed this, later d0uche

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 716
i gotchya yanks
Upload

Bronze Member

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 15
UploadTHIS IS YANKS FUTURE CAR WITH HIS WONDERFUL MOM SITTING NEXT TO HIM BUMPING THOSE Audioque HD3'S
. GOOD LUCK KIDD...YOURE GONNA NEED IT

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 717
haha u wanna see me

Upload

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 718
jose u give mexicans a bad name

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2849
hate to break it to you...but HD3's are better than L7s...i know it comes at a surpirse to you cause you think L7s are the best sub ever made...but say what you will...

what do you drive? j/c

Bronze Member

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 16
71 NOVA 454 SS

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2851
alrite thats legit...just making sure you werent ripping on me while you were driving around a POS...but hey, maybe your lying about the car and if you are w/e floats your boat.

feel free to leave the forum now

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 719
^chick car

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 720
he left

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
ok now back to some issues , i'll proboly make a thread , anyhow i have a 2000 ford expedition i just changed all speakrs the head unit a new optima battery (top yellow) and a 4 channel amp

now my issue is that i hear a pop when i change the station i hear static or a buzzing noise it gets worser when i turn on the car , any thoughts?????

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8963
check your amp ground, make sure it is solid and paint scratched away for a good connection.

As far as the rest of this thread goes LOLOLOLOL I havnt laughed that hard at a moronic newb in a long time:-)

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1462
Tell me about it. I used to go to Magnolia High School in Anaheim.

Silver Member
Username: Miles_hood

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 104
ok. ive been reading you guys convo here.. and i just wanted to say.. i have 2 l5 12's in a probox and a mtx 942 thunder(1200wrms dynamike power) in the back of a explorer.. now my system is VERY LOUD and i am pleased w/ it... BUT i have to say my best freind has a fi q 18 in his expedition and OMFG! loud... for the money i spent on them i could have bought one of the fi q's...

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9008
there you go:-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3151
D@mn! Missed another good thread.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9011
you missed your oppertunity last night Picture guy:-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3081
it was a fun thread...one of my personal favorites

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 3154
Lol. The both of YOU missed a good piece of work I put together last night. Went to about 2:30am. All new stuff. Of course this am it was deleted. Fun fun fun!

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9019
damnit! when I signed off this place was dead at about 1:00am or so.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3083
i left at 1 am as well

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3084
i left at 1 am as well

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 3158
Lol. I couldn't let Berny hangin' out there like that.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9023
hahaha way to have a boys back:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Killemall

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 24
They're no Kicker but they sure as hell are good amps. You wont get the same wattage out of a kicker for the same price.

mmmmmmmm beer

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1110
I alwasy miss the fun...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us