Premium Subs

Bronze Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 66
OK...I have been doing a lot of research on different subwoofers so that I will be able to make an informed decision later this year when I have the money to make a purchase. Anyway, so far I have done some research into Ascendent Audio, Audioque, Fi, Resonant Engineering, Digital Designs, Treo Engineering, Image Dynamics, Diamond Audio, and JL Audio. Are there any other brands you would suggest looking into that have the same quality and performance as these brands? Also, are there any on this list that aren 't "worthy" to be mentioned with the others? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 270
tcsounds is a good company to..
www.tcsounds.com

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10425
just a few of the top of my head ....

MMATS

Crossfire

Sound Splinter

Memphis

Crystal audio

Eclipse

Atomic .......

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2505
stereo integrity

Bronze Member
Username: Razzeldazzel06

Post Number: 44
what kind of music do you listen to and what kind of car do you have...and budget????

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 69
I have a Sable right now but will be trying to get an SUV this summer. I am just doing research on quality subs right now so I can make an informed decision later this year. I don't yet know a budget. I may only be able to afford a Fi Q, but may make enough to get something like a HD3. It all depends so I want to research a wide range for now.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2926
also make sure you save up for upgrading your charging system if you plan on running a larger system.

Bronze Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 30
i personally like Kicker but ive noticed some people on this forum dont like them too much i wonder Y im looking to get 2 12" L7s u should look at something like that

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1027
rovin how does the atomic sound? i never heard them but i heard they are only good with certain freqs. but heard they can take the power

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 72
As far as the electrical goes, at what point do I need to begin considering an upgrade (I guess how many RMS)? I want to get a Grand Cherokee, so it will be a 130 amp alternator.

To Raymond: I actually have one L7. It is loud, but I am not impressed by the quality of the sound.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1040
kicker...besides the CVR's i think they are only good for getting loud. THey are what they are....get loud, dont take extra power nicly, and are muddy because they are squares lol with a 130A alt. and just the stock battery? I would say 1200rms is your max on the system anything more and i would upgrade. Even with the 1200rms i would still consider getting a battery dedicated to the system. THe general rule is get a battery for every 1000rms but that also depends on what batterys your getting. Get a kinetiks hc2400 and i think that would be good enough for 2500-3000rms but you still need a H\O Alt to keep it charged good.. there are calculators on www.the12volt.com that can help you alot with this stuff (everything i said was just figures off the top of my head so it may vary a bit)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us