Porsche boxster install help???

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 336
I am going to install some gear in my Boxster. I have a 10" diamond d6. I am wondering if I can get a 4 channel amp.. run the sub off 2 channels bridged and run the new components off the other two channels? I am pretty sure I can do that, but my main question is the car has 4" X ? speakers in the dash that I get most of the highs out of and the 5 1/4 door speakers that I get the "lows" from. I am wanting to get a decent set of 5 1/4 componets for the doors run them off the amp and disconnect the dash speakers. Do you think the door components would be enough or would I have to get new dash speakers and put an amp on those also. I want pretty good sq... so I don't want to make it anymore complicated then it has to be. Any help would be appreciated.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3488
you'll be fine with a good set of components in your doors. the dash speakers arent neccesary. and just look in your amps manual on how to bridge the rear 2 channels and use the front 2 for your components. sub is dual 4 i assume?

Silver Member

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 337
Its a dual 2. Damn, I might run into problems there. Can I run a dual 2 at 4 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3493
yes, you can run it at 4 ohms, infact that will be better. mind was slipping before lol. whatever each channel pushes at 2 ohms, double that, and thats what the sub will get bridged at 4 ohm. roughly anyways.

Silver Member

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 338
Cool, Thank you very much for your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us