2x Kicker CVX 15...dBs?

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 498
Some guy from around town here has two Kicker CVX 15s. Hes powering them with a ZX2500.1. I have two Treo SSX 15s and an Orion 2500d. My last dB hit was 149 on the New Audiocontrol. I was wondering does anyone think the Kickers would be around the same dB range? Its the same body style car except its a Mercury instead of Ford.

What you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2639
depends on the install..

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 499
Down to the nitty gritty which has the advantage?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2640
the install FTW

...btw.. your underpowering those SSXs if your just running one 2500d

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 500
i know im under powering them...i have a mid class electrical system if u know what i mean.. and what is FTW and FTMFW?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2641
ftw = for thw win .. ftmfw - for the mother f*cking win

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 501
i might not be to worried because even if he had higher SPL i dont think his subs will get low like my treos what u think?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1510
i dont get why everyone always wants to compete against each other. if it sounds good to you then its fine, unless you're a SPL competitor then you have reason to worry.

what kind of car do you have, and what does he have?
what kind of box do you both have and the specs of it?
what kind of electrical upgrades are we talkin here?
what size woofers?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1511
Oh! i see the woofer sizes now.

but anyways those questions still wont decide, but will give you a better idea.

the onlyl thing that will decide is the mic... FTW

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 502
I just want a guess man, I just want to know what brand subs have a better chance.... treos are better maid, handle more power... kickers have ???? What pair of subs have a better chance... Remember the CVXs are selling for 200 a sub now. EVEN LESS! I paid clost to 1200 for my treos so I was hoping the treos would have an advantage...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9225
don't worry alex. i bet anyone who hears yours and his will agree that your subs put his to shame.

if both of you have a decent daily install, you are louder.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 503
What would you guys do in this situation? I have two Treo SSX 15s each take 2500-3000w RMS, but I dont have the money to spend on an electrical system which will handle 6000w RMS. Would you continue to push the subs with 2500w RMS for both (1250 a piece) or sell them and buy something which handles less power??

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9228
i would just use one.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 505
Like coming down to something like the AudioQue HD3s or Atomic APXs

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 506
Yea but I still want it to be loud too even if I come down to one. im sure i wont be hittin 149 on one sub...

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9230
drivingreckless hit 144 on the tl with a single ssx 15. ac mic is like 3-5db more than tl on the reading. its the box that makes it loud alex. if you build an awesome box, you can even hit 150.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 507
I think when I get my new car Im just going to buy two HCCA-D5000 and get a 300 amp alt. I just cant afford the batteries... i have all the wiring. Its just hard to find a quality amp for around that price of a HCCA-d5000. As you can see I am undergoing a complete move because I will be moving all my setup from a crown victoria to a trail blazer soon. What amp do you recommend Chad? I need 5 to 6k RMS. I have the Dual 2 ohm SSXs so ill need that power at 2 ohms which means it would probably be cheaper getting two 1 ohm stable amps around 2500-3000w rms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2644
reguarding your earlier post... price does not matter when it comes to subs.. just because you can buy kicker cheaper than treo does not mean the kickers still won't get louder..

all in the install. and there is a difference between daily loud and mic loud and that would deeply depend on the install.. was the setup built for SPL? SQL?

install FTW.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 508
my setup SQL dont know about the other guys car. i know it depends on the install. but what if both were tuned for SPL or SQL im trying to see what sub takes the cake here. for the 1200 bucks i spent on treos i would hope they were better subs...

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 509
well were both going to a mini comp sunday where they host a TL... so well get the final results...other than that...

Quote:
I think when I get my new car Im just going to buy two HCCA-D5000 and get a 300 amp alt. I just cant afford the batteries... i have all the wiring. Its just hard to find a quality amp for around that price of a HCCA-d5000. As you can see I am undergoing a complete move because I will be moving all my setup from a crown victoria to a trail blazer soon. What amp do you recommend Chad? I need 5 to 6k RMS. I have the Dual 2 ohm SSXs so ill need that power at 2 ohms which means it would probably be cheaper getting two 1 ohm stable amps around 2500-3000w rms.

What do u think about that...

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9232
get another orion hcca-d5000 and you will be fine. it would get insanely loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 31
yeah i heard a 12" L7 is just as loud as 2 12" Cvrs and it retails for 400 so if he would have just got two 15 L7s it still would have been a lot cheaper than your treos and twice as loud as his CVRs

Bronze Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 32
yeah forget everything i said ur talking about CVXs and not CVRS and those 15" inch Treos would Totally Kill two 15" L7s just by looking at the watts im guessing but i could be wrong but u say ur treos are 3000 watts rms and the L7s are only 1000 that means you would 4000 watts rms more but the fact that ur not pushing ur subs how they are soposed to be it would be better to get the two L7s cus u could actually give them all the rms watts they need
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us