JL audio vs. RE vs. DD vs. Fi whos better?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 300
comparing these three brands which is the best? somebody was trying to tell me that JL is top of the line, and the subs you get off of the "internet" are crap and must be junk if there not sold in a store. so i thought i would start this thread to have some of the input from veterans on the forum and prove just how frivolous that statement is....let the roasting begin

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 399
highly subjective question^^^

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga Usa

Post Number: 113
JL's W7 and W6 are aight but they are WAY over priced in my opinion.. RE,DD,FI all = the friggin SH!T... i personally think RE is about the best there is.. RE FTW! but thats just my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 157
Out of those in my mind JL isn't even in the running unless you're talking sheer SQ. And you're right it's frivolous to even ask and brings to light how ignorant people are, for (seriously) asking that same question on this forum and others, again and again. But it's usually alot easier because they don't throw up four kings like this list. RE and DD are insane for SPL, but man, I just love Fi's stuff for some reason. They have something for everyone and especially with this new driver that will be here on Monday. Fi FTMFW IMO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
monday?!?! damn i wish i wouldnt have gotten my WMD's, but hey i gotta keep reminding myself i only make 6 75 an hr

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 378
Its not hard to get a bunch of bass but you Need SQ to go along with it.

go get yours self an eclipse ti

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 93
shouldnt jl b replaced w/ Treo in that list

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
i made this thread because some guy was implying that JL audio is better than RE, DD, Fi, and other high end internet based car audio company's which has no validity to it whatsoever just wanted to let him see how ignorant of a comment it was.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 747
well in fact jl is a very very good brand.. dont get them wrong the 13w7's pound trust me..not only that they are very well built and great drivers and great sound quality for sure.. u cant just compare companys cause the w7 will smash on some fi re subs.

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD, 15 Wangers Yeah, Its 15...

Post Number: 411
Fi FTW but RE for spl

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 749
what the ^^ lol re for spl? fi and re make equavilent products btl is built for spl and the mt is built for spl? sx and the q are equivilent sql re se and the fi ssd equivilent..re doesnt just make spl drivers fi and re are similar drivers its ur choice.

Username: Toddbrust

Minnesota

Post Number: 1
your friend is right when he says that JL make quality product....but he is a complete meathead to say that brand like RE and Fi and even DD are crap! i have had Both RE and JL and i have heard FIs....My buddy have 2 12" JLw6v2s with a Jl 500/1 powering each one..and he was all about JL audio...and i got my 2 12 SEs and when he heard the SEs, he was disapointed that he spent the amount of money he did on his system! But JL is awsome none the less

Bronze Member
Username: Razzeldazzel06

Post Number: 35
the image dynamic id max..is my personal favorite..better sq then a jl that is for sure and jl has pretty damn good sq....it has great spl also..and its only 400 for a 12 inch with a 1000rms...you can not go wrong with them..they are the best..and they are easy to go with any amp and the quality of the actual materials the subs are made up of are the finest.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
add image dynamic id max up tot he thread lets talk about them

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10418
another brand x vs y vs z

just buy what sounds best to ur ears & 4get what ppl blab about .....

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2392
how exactly do you compare companies that each make multiple subs...i can understand comparing sub A vs sub B but not company A vs company B. especially when 2 of the companies are nearly the same with Fi and RE.

all 4 make high quality subs tho

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1264
ok one 9512 out hit 2 13w7 with 2 1000/1 jl amps and the 9515 had orion 2000wrms. the guy with jl had more batts and a bigger alt but still got beat. that why i do so much researc install matters alot but if i was going for pure sq i wouldnt go with any of those but for sql or spl dd ftmfw!

Username: Bassjunkie14

San Jose, Ca USA

please help what are RE,DD,FI i have not heard of these brands and i really want to know how good these subs are and how hard they hit

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1015
DD is just a legendary company to the underground car audio world, FI is a great budget sub, RE i have never messed with but heard they are great subs. I would say DD is the best for SPL or SQL and then maybe JL for SQ but it depends on the install as well...btw a local sound shop said he hit 165's with 3 10" W7's full of bs right?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 166
@Eric:

http://www.reaudio.com/html/
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/default.asp
http://www.ficaraudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 720
Rovins post shoudlve ended this thread

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
i think image dynamics id max is the best sub for sq and for spl,,it lasts long isnt expensive..its hard and is crystal clear..someone give me a reason why the id max isnt the best sub ever

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD, 15 Wangers Yeah, Its 15...

Post Number: 416
cause fi has a cool logo

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 805
^^^ agreed

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1022
"i think image dynamics id max is the best sub for sq and for spl,,it lasts long isnt expensive..its hard and is crystal clear..someone give me a reason why the id max isnt the best sub ever"

Because i dont have one........

Username: Lance_p

hi, sorry to change the topic but i really need help on deciding to buy a sub and amp that will knock hard in an acura mdx...im really new to this, but i have done some research around forums that compare the w7's and the solo x...i see you guys are really experienced..if its possible, can you please give me advice? I'd really appreciate it, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 332
sure lance, I'll sum it up with one sub. DD9915! Your lookin at some serious bread though.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 333
lance, you'll get more help posting a new thread saying "help choosing a new sub" or somethin' like that.

Username: Lance_p

Post Number: 3
thnx for telling me impala..i,ll look it up and post a new thread

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1028
i hope they werent comparing the solo x togethor with a W7......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us