Softparts for a JL 13W3

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 998
I got 2 JL13W3 that are blown just sitting in my room.... can i get soft parts from anyone for these so i can fix them... the VC's blew up no idea how they were ran but the motor and all still look fine i think its the v2 but does that matter?

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 999
no? fi or anything?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2773
probly can only get parts from JL you cant just drop in Q parts or anything, it has to be the exact coil length and diameter

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 151
I think JL started getting pissed because shops were taking their parts and throwing them together half-assed and then people were trying to bring the completed woofers back for warranty, so they stopped selling parts to shops. Your best bet is to call them and ask about warranty replacement, assuming you have one.

And if I am not mistaken, I think JL stopped reconing altogether. Look at this post from speakerrepair.com, which is one of the biggest recone shops in the US:

JL Audio

We are sorry to inform that JL Audio speakers can no longer be re-edged, reconed or repaired. For all information regarding JL Audio speakers please contact them directly at 954-443-1100.

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 288
wow... just shows that they r smart on makin money. break it buy a new one? what a waste if thats the case... those motors on the w3's r really good. heck i want one so i can frankin stine that woof!

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1003
:-\ i got the subs for free along with a box to specs for a closed enclosure.. my friend wanted me to test em they were blown so he said keep em.. so i figure ill try to do somthing with them.. ill try to call JL see what they say..

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1017
my bad they are 13w1v2.8

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1018
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »