Building a ported box

Bronze Member
Username: Lt_450r

North branch, Mich. Lapeer

Post Number: 57
I' building a dual 12' ported box. 2 M1 memphis are going into the box that i am building, I never built a box before so i am new to this. when i build a box what do i got to base it on. and how can i get the information?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3487
the subs and the car. the car, obviously make it so it will fit. and if in a trunk dont put the sub up. subs and ports back are the norm. suv and hatch, subs up port back. truck, sub passenger and port driver side? i cant remember if its that way or the other way around. now for the subs. you want to build it to the right size, tune, and enough port area. memphis should suggest a box volume. its probably ging to be around 4cuft for the 2 subs. thats net btw. tuning, memphis should give you a suggested tuning. generally, for loud like 40 hz. to sound better and have more low end extension, 30-35 hz usually. some subs still sound amazing at 40 hz (ex DD). use at least 12 sq inches of port per cuft. so for 4 cuft use atleast 48 sq inches of port. if your using flared aero ports you could probably get away with less though. hope that starts you off. make sure to calculate sub and port displacement.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 731
www.subwoofertools.com
will build u one according on ur size if u want ported or sealed
with that application id do 2.5-3 cubes a chamber or 5-6 cubed box tuned to 38hz
see what u can do play with it or if u have anymore questions ask :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us