Bronze Member
Username: Jokermalta

Post Number: 11
how many dbs will make solo x 18 in his bigest box and 2 kx2500

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9173
you can't just throw out numbers. but if i was to guess, with a very good install 150 is very possible. maybe more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
ok thanks because my friend tell me that solo x 18 will do 145 and dd 12 will make 157 u think its true}

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9175
bs on a single dd 12 hitting 157.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ok thanks because l thing kickers is very loud subs but dd is more powerfull

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9176
depends on which dd though. the solo x is no joke. it is very powerful and loud. it just don't sound that clean according to alot of people. i personally think the solo x has a decent sound to it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ok l have zx2500 andl am going to buy another but for now l have s12l7 in 3.25 cf ported l dont know what l am going to buy l like kicker but l wish at least 150 dbs

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 285
ive heard the 18inch solo X briefly, sounds good on the lows but thats it, no joke. i heard it in a walled enclosure around 12 cubes or so at about 40 hz. it was absolutely ridiculous. probably the loudest subwoofer i have heard personally. there is no wayi would buy one though, DD is farrrrr better. solo X is not sufficient for daily driving. way to many electrical upgrades, and you may be the loudest around the sound quality is terrible.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2453
i think its very possible chad, what about that one 9917 that did like a 170, you dont think a 12 could possible do 157

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 289
157 is possible. but the box would have to be optimized for just one note and it would still be difficult. but for a normal 35HZ tuning or anything of daily driving just wont hit 157 with one 12, even if it is DD

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9178
well doktah.....if you read down a couple of more posts, i did come back and said "depends on which dd though". meaning it is possible.

he was very vague by saying dd 12. so you think any dd will have a good shot at 157? maybe i should sell my subs and just get a dd 3512 so i can hit 157. lol.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9180
sorry doktah. after i reread my post, i sound like a d!ck. didn't mean too. lol. forgive and forget. damn this site sux cause it has no edit function.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok thanks for every one

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1248
3512 wont hit 157 i have tried everything with this sub and the loudest i got was 146 which is great for one 12" i did have way more power than suggested for it but the sub took every bit of it. in a crx or another small hatchback with a great install im sure 1 9512 could hit 157 or close to it. depends on too much but i believe it could

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9182
btw doktah. i believe the 9917 is a 18 inch sub. if thats the case than it has more cone area than 2 12s. just thought i throw that in there. not trying to be a d!ck or anything. lol.

you are still my best friend doc.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 729
richard u can hit higher :-) do a bigger box with 4-6 6" aeros tuned to 45hz it will be gotta be a great install
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us