Powering my subs w/ 2 amps?

Username: Nicoletompson8

Roseville, Ca USA

Post Number: 1
I am planning to upgrade my sucky sony subs to 2 12" Pioneer Premiers (TS-W3004SPL). They are dvc rated at 4 ohms and each sub has 1000w rms. I want to run them in paralell at 2 ohms to a mono amp. Unfortunatley Kicker, which I love, only has the zx 1500 and 2500; 500w minus and plus of what I need. Is there anything wrong with getting 2 zx1000.1's and powering each sub seperatley? Thanks for any help guys!

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1128
not at all

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1129
should make a killer set up if your enclosure's as nice as your equipment.
2 1000.1's might require an alt upgrade - so you may want to keep that in mind.

Roseville, Ca USA

Post Number: 2
Yeh, I havent done the math on the total draw of the electrical components and sound system, but I'm sure I'll need that alt. upgrade. I think I'm going to wait until I install it first, then see how much the volts drop from 14.4. Unfortunatley all I have now is a sealed enclosure. Don't have the mula yet to fork out and am an inexperienced box builder. I'm just waiting to win the lottery, ha ha! Then I'll be flipping quarters off the back of my Lexus. Thanks for the input Opti!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3860
nice system

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1131
nothing wrong with sealed

Roseville, Ca USA

Post Number: 3
Yeh, I agree with you. Sealed definetly has great sound quality. I'm just worried about the cooling of my bass drivers a ported box offers over a sealed box and the inducement of clipping at higher decible leves.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us