Tips on Threading a huge wire through firewall

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 360
Well, I Havent really gotten down to trying it, but I was just trying to work out how I was going to fit the gigantic wire (http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM-AK0) Through my firewall.

I know there is the stock hole that you can shove it through, but that is sort of already full with stuff. So how does everyone go about doing this?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10386
u either do that ^^^ or look 4 a safe palce 2 drill a new hole big enough ......

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 361
Thats scary....do i have to seal it some how, or can i just thread that bad boy through?

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 860
just make it bigger barely and once u get it all ran to the back, seal it with caulk or liquid nails or somethin.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4015
drill/cut a hole

if you cant find away to seal it...get a grommet
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Installation-Grommets-4-2-or-1-0-AWG-power-wire_W0QQitemZ2 00065968218QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just used a water hose as a grommet on my 4 runs :-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2610
if your afraid to drill through the firewall.. just run the wire under the car.. easier that way :-)

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 905
yeah under the car works but it's a B!TCH. Use a grommet wherever you run it through metal. that makes it less likely for the sharp edge of the metal to cut through the jacket. Power wire on bare metal=not good

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2340
I never drilled a whole, just find the point where all your electrical from the engine compartment to your cabin (will be big) it uses a large access with a rubber boot. This boot is pretty soft and you can add a small slit to it preferably on top somewhere. When you have done this take the wire and spray it with a mixture of dishwashing soap and water in a common spray bottle. Don't over do the amount of soap in the water will get messy. Get a buddy to pull it through it will come out from under the dash somewhere, you will need a good flashlight to find it. Remove the trim panels down your right side this will allow access under the carpet on that edge. As you buddy pulls ( not real hard) spay the wire going in with the spray bottle, will be much easier, trust me. I ran 2 full runs of 1/0ga wire this way, hope this helps....Polo. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2341
I never drilled a hole....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us