Is soundstorm get what you pay for

Username: Trunkslayer

Fl US

Post Number: 5
I knew a guy that had a soundstorm amp pushing two phoenix platniums, and it hit very hard. My question I see there are some soundstorm amps on ebay for dirt cheap considering the power they are claiming to produce. I believe I remember seeing a list once of amps on this website rated from, recommended to bad, and I think soundstorm was bad, so if it is considered bad what puts it there. Would it be like sony and basically lie about power output, or does it shut off a lot, junk out in three months, have high thd. I hope someone could help me out and let me know if the old saying is true, "things that sound to good to be true usually aren't true"

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 186
Soundstorm ROCKS!!!!

N O T!

It is the equivalent of buying crap like pyramid and pyle.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Alpine type S 6.5 inch...

Post Number: 2085
i had a soundstorm f2800.....

400 rms by 2 @ 2 ohms

and it powered 2 diamonds pretty nicely....

and it never shut off or anything

if i never heard anything from people on here about soundsorm, i would say it is good...... but i dno if they rate real watts, it sounded like it was powering what it was rated at tho...

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 246
i have no experience with the brand, but in general stick with trusted names in car audio it will save a lot of money down the road

Bronze Member
Username: Volcomstone

Pennsylvania United states

Post Number: 26
hey im an amature to this whole car audio thing but i have a soundstorm 900.2 sl bridged into one 10" pioneer ts 2500 spl in a ported box in my explorer....and personally i couldnt give a crap what anybody says that amp makes my sub pound the f$#* out.....thats a good thing...and if your doing a starter system thats perfect...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3858
They're bad, pure cr4p but what would you expect by putting a 400W rms amp with a 300w rms sub. You're gonna think is awesome but in quality soundstorm s.cks

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 RE XXX[:-]

Post Number: 4478
I had a soundstorm sub AKA My Baby. And i used to take him everywhere with me. But unfortunatly he had an acident and i had to put him down:-(

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 143

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 4486
lol. I sh!t you not.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...