OT: iphone

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 394
sorry im lookin into getting a new phone soon and i thought some of you guys would like this too. Its for Cingular i guess and its like a little computer/ipod/phone.

Upload

looks sweet

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 RE XXX[:-]

Post Number: 4452
lol did you just watch it on the news? I did...

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 396
no, i just went to cingular to check phones out and -----there it was------

what channel was it on?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1882
I watched the news...I also watched the part about it that says its $599.99!!!

IT'S A PHONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I'm sorry, but for example, the Krzr, goes online, stores music, and obviously makes calls. Has a large enough screen, and ya know what? It's not 600 dollars lol.

If you think about it...For the price of that phone you can buy something nice that's car audio related, that will last longer, be WAY more impressive, and overall be a better investment...

Just buy a RAZR like the rest of us lol.

Yea, I'm harping I know, just when I put $300 for my 30GB iPod Video and then that crazy Zune came out and it holds like double everything with the same 30GB (still trying to figure out how that works...), I got irratated, kinda feeling like Apple rips people off...

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 398
ITS NOT JUST A PHONE...LOL

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1864
Tyler I don't know how the Zune can hold double of everyting with the same size hard drive, it is impossible. Microsoft is just giving you inflated numbers, just as apple does.

When they say that a certain one of their Ipods can hold, lets say 15,000 songs they are lying. Theoretically it can hold that many songs but very unlikely.

They are assuming that each song is only 4mb big. Which you can get a song that small but the bitrate is going to be 128 kb/sec or lower, which in my opinion is terrible. I always have 192 or more. Plus the length of the song is a factor as well. A song that is 2 minutes long is not going to be the same size as a song that is 6 mins long.

If you have a 6 minute or longer song (I have quite a few) and the file size is less than 4mb, it is going to sound like crap.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1601
The phone reminds me of how sony markets their amps buy putting "1000 watts!" printed on the amp just as the iPhone claims to hold 15,000 songs. And it's over priced

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 843
thats crazy... i want.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 844
it's really not overpriced for what phones go for nowadays. it's got total internet access, ipod, navigation, phone, and a 2 megapixel camera. i bought a treo 650 and it was 439 dollars and it had a shitty camera and internet access.

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1076
Yea, Look pretty nice, Ive been wanting to get a more of a pda/phone for a bit now.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1886
Isaac,

I know all that it's just getting irritating that everything is so overpriced...I'm sorry, it's a phone...When you get right down to it, it's a phone, otherwise it would be on the shelf with the rest of the mp3 players.

Because we all know that the electronic parts used in the production of these "gadgets" cost mere pennies to make. The screen is probably the only thing on any of these devices today that is worth charging for...

Hehe, there I go again...

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 400
Haters.......

its the best phone i've ever seen! just beautiful!

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 980
Everybody loves chocolate!

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 981
LMFAO its just like a mini touch screen pc, not sure of the model but my bro has a phone with its own version on windows on it, remote desktop capabilities and such, also he can use the phone on his computer as a DSL modem :-) nice phone.. but that defeats the purpose of it being called a PHONE meaning all it does is makes\takes calls.

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 310
yeah, read about that phone in the newspaper yesterday. I've had the treo 650 for a year now and I still love it. Plus I cant find anything that compares to it. They're getting cheaper now. I think they sell about $150 unlocked on e-bay, or $300 in the store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-650-Unlocked-Used_W0QQitemZ320068233895QQihZ011QQcatego ryZ64355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 311
ok, changed my mind, I looked at it. now I want it. It's worth $600.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us