Anybody Ran an HCCA-D5000 at .5 ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 392
Hey has anybody on here ran the HCCA-D5000 at .5 ohms? Are they stable at that load for daily driving and how much would they put out??

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 544
I have one but havent ran it yet at .5 but at a sound comp here i saw someone running it .5 but only for burps

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2732
people run the 2500d at .5 daily all the time no prob. you just need good electrical upgrades

Bronze Member
Username: Mschwitz

Milwaukee, Wi

Post Number: 22
Have lots of batteries, and a H.O. alt and that amp will do .5 all day long. I have dropped the d5000, d1200, and d2400's to .5 or lower for daily in many vehicles. If you got any questions email me, I don't get on here real often, but I did a lot of playing with these amps.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3898
i've heard many people running those amps at 0.5 ohms but mike i never thought about D1200 and others holding those loads.

Nice

Bronze Member
Username: Mschwitz

Milwaukee, Wi

Post Number: 27
I haven't had the chance to play with the d600 yet, but I would bet it will do .5 also. I know orion is still having problems with the d2400 shipping and being ready for production. One of the two I got in November the thermal protection didn't work right and the amp cooked itself. Just kept getting hot and bubbled the fuses. One of the two I got still works. Sooner or later their build house will get there act together. Other than that, great amps, do great power and take low loads all day, with enough current and voltage behind it.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3912
ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us