MA audio

Username: Sicknt760

Apple valley, Ca Usa

Post Number: 4
what do you guys think about their amps??

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 182
I have the HK401SX and it isn't bad at all for the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 46
Awesome for the money, and if you have a HO alternator they're just awesome period.
A bit current hungry they are.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2725
WOW. they are not good amps, try to avoid buying them.

Bronze Member
Username: Sicknt760

Apple valley, Ca Usa

Post Number: 14
hmmmmm ive heard a lot of different things about those amps

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 48
They are rated at 17 volts(thx julio) and that's the worst thing about them IMO.
I've heard people on this forum complain of broken amps and such, but I bought an hk401sx because I was looking for an amp I could run a .5 ohm load on,
and I was so impressed with it for $200 new that I recommended it to 2 of my friends and none of the three of us have had any problems whatsoever.

Now I can't say for any of their other amps,
maybe they all suck and they just did a good job with this one model,
but I've heard several people on this forum who have the same amp say pretty much the same thing I am;
It's a good amp for the money and it's power hungry. Of course it's not going to be on the level with some 4 grand orion or whatever, but it blows a lot of amps that cost twice as much as it does out of the water. You call it.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3853
hehe see... sometimes people learn useful info like jerome. I wouldn't buy MA audio, but some high end models put decent amount of power, for example MA HK4000D.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 158
i also have the hk401sx and i like it. they are over rated but still 1400wrms(1800 @ 17v) at .5ohms for 200 bucks isnt bad at all.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 159
i have also used a hk400d and hk800d and they both rock for the price aswell. never used anything other then their hk monoblocks. no complaints so far.

My buddy had a rockford 400 watt rms mono amp hooked up to 2 P1 12's and i hooked up my hk400d and it was way louder. And i payed 100bucks shipped for the MA amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us