Got pulled over last night...Too much bass, made me smile!

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1855
Yep, got told it was too much bass for 1AM...Even though my town doesn't have ANY laws regarding unnecessary noise (which, isn't bass like a reason for life?), which I informed him of, and he was too shocked that I actually knew that to say anything else other than "common courtesy" WHICH ISN'T A LAW might I add lol.

Oh well, he went on to say he's had complaints about me, and next time I'm getting a ticket...If that happens there's going to be problems since there ISN'T a law...And the disturbing the peace law doesn't include anything about car audio/exhaust.

He was like "you rattled stuff inside my car, so it was too loud".

Oh well, yet again the law throwing the weight around, without knowing the laws...This is just a city cop, but I drive by state ones all the time late at night bumping, and they just kinda look and go on with life, realizing there's more important things, like murders, speeding, drug busts, etc. etc.

Oh, and he failed to say ANYTHING about the neon tubes inside my car when he came up to the window...And they ARE illegal around here...What a moron...

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 346
he just wanted to see if you had any crispy cremes in the vehicle, but you didn't so he bailed

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1856
HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Good call. He flashed his light around and stuff inside the car...And he's like, why're you out so late..."Getting milk and cat litter..."

Yea then he felt like an @$$...

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 890
He's tryin to reach a quota... Just tell him to stop wasting your time next time. My g/f's dad was a state trooper and he said that it pissed him off b/c people would pull up beside him and bump LOUD just because they knew he couldnt do anything about it. No law against it=no ticket for it

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1857
I wasn't doing it intentionally, I'm just home for break, kinda bored, and needed milk and cat litter, so why the heck not lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
be careful though, even if you can't get ticketed for the bass specifically, it still draws a lot of attention to you, don't go bumpin with expired tags, burnt out lights, or makin traffic violations...cuz if the cops are annoyed by the bass they sure as hell aren't gonna go easy on you for other stuff

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2784
why are you bumping at 1am, if some1 did that past my house, i would find out who it was and kick their face in when i found them, thats just uncalled for.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1859
If only you understood where I live...THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO!

Well outside of smoking pot and getting drunk, neither of which I do.

So I hope you can understand the extreme boredom...

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
you don't smoke pot or get drunk?? kids these days...wtf!?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8974
i am sure tyler is mature enough not to bump at 1 am near houses. maybe?

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 92
do any of u kno where i can go to look and see if the state of iowa or my area has any laws about that?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1860
Well...It was in town...Near rows of houses hehe.

But my windows were up! Somehow though, he said he heard me when I was blocks away on the next street over...I dunno, it's rare when I'm out driving that late, I'm usually in by 11 if I've gone anywhere.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1862
Blk, here's a start...Stupid laws my state has against people with awesome systems...Google it.

I'm j/k, probably on your state's law website or something like that.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8979
blkwardog.....just keep it down. even if there isn't a law against loud systems, you don't want one to start by making the citizens compain.

when you are out in the open road, let it rip. i love bumping during freeway traffic. its not open road but i love annoying other drivers. i don't like annoying people in there homes though.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2718
what you running?

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 390
damn ive been pulled over a couple of times and the only reason i havent had a ticket is because i was friends with the cops, one was even like damn i need you to build me a box lol. in NC i think its like if you can be heard within 20 feet or somethin, stupid a$ses

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1488
2 12" assassins ported @ 30hz

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1863
Matt...How'd you know lol? But yea, that's it.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 113
its in ur profile...all u gotta do is click on ur name lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10366
i remember its stories like these which used to piss Glasswolf off .......

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1204
i was just told to turn it down fredericksburg is a civil war history thingy i dunno so they act ghey when music is played..... they know my car cuz ive been pulled over 5 times...LOL never got a ticket though.....but never anything for a system....i bump right by the boys LOL when we go to games an stuff an they direct traffic...

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1865
Where is ol' Glasswolf anyways?

Awww, I'm not really that bad, just this town...By 6PM every night, EVERYTHING is closed up, shut down, and people locked in their houses...It's kinda sad...

Well except like the fast food places and bars, but that's it...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5825
They must've had tough parents with strict bed time curfew.

Bronze Member
Username: Rosrock2000

FI SSD 12 , MI USA

Post Number: 49
ur real cool man.. yeah id be pissed if someone was bumpin by my house and woke me up..

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2146
cops are strict as hell abuot bass aroud my area. gotta be careful when i get it installed i guess.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2585
BTW.. it does not have to be loud to rattle things in his car.. play a 20hz tone and prove him wrong :-)

ive had a few friends get tickets of stuff like this and found it because bass is omni direction and there is no way to tell where it is coming from if there is a group of cars.. and for one to get singled out or profiled does not justify that they were indeed the cause..

not to mention they'd need to meter it to be sure how loud it was over the ordinance here

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1867
Yea the city north of me has a 100dB law, and we all know that's rediculously easy to hit...I could probably yell a 100dB if I REALLY tried lol.

The song I was playing (Don't Make Us - DJ Unk), it's got that lower kind of bass, not 20Hz necessarily, but it's down there. I think he was just looking to be a douchebag last night...He's one of the city cops that's known for:

1. Being a douchebad normally.
2. Being stupid as, well, stupid.
3. And rambling on about nonsense...

I seriously could have gotten him off the topic of my bass, and talked about anything...He's that retarded.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2604
... me and the guys at work were jamming to metallica with my system on

it was like 4:40am and we saw a cop drive by.. then he pulled in the end of the parking lot and asked what i had in there cuz it was really loud.. i asked if i needed to turn it down but he said no because it was not a residential area so there was not much he could do about it

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 374
anyone that has a website with the laws or soemthing would be great :-) i lviei n iowa im curious

Bronze Member
Username: Snarl2004

Post Number: 13
tyler wut do u think about HD3 by Audioque http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm . I have an audiobahn right now and im looking to get something better and i was thinking about the HD3.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1869
Carl, I've heard that Audioque subs are good stuff.

I've never heard or used them, but they're up there with brands like RE, Fi, DD, AA, SI, and so on.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3158
every time they get me i get my truck impounded then gave me 800 tickets fck that shyt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i have a chevy extended cab truck and i want to put a ported box in it so that i can get a lot of bass. I was wondering if you knew about how many cubic feet i should make a box for the HD3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
also i was looking at Fi stuff and i was wondering which u suggest SSD or Q

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1870
It kinda depends...The SSD is what they called the "all around" and the Q is a sound quality driver.

By all around I think they mean that it's an SQL driver, meaning good output and maintains SQ at those levels. This subwoofer is denoted as being versatile, meaning it's a jack of all trades, but it does everything well.

The Q from what I read, is sound quality, meant to perform best at low end bass extension and accuracy. Although it seems to have a good bit of power handling as well. It says they're great for bottom octave, meaning low end bass extension.

It's going to depend on what you're looking for overall, but I can say that you'll be pleased with any thing form those brands I mentioned above.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
well right now i have an audiobahn aw1206t and if im going to spend the money to get a new sub i want to make sure it is noticable differance and still sounds good. I think ill go with the Fi Q and tune a box for around 30-40hz and make it a 2.5 cubic feet box. Sound good?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1871
That's a HUGE difference in tuning...Since it's designed for the low end enhancement, you'd want to go 30Hz or less possibly.

Try to see if Fi's site has any info on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i read up some more adn they suggest 27-33 so i was thinking of tuning at 32hz

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2202
id go 30-35. my ssd is tuned about 33

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1878
My Assassins are tuned to 30Hz, and you see the trouble I get into haha!

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 384
my ssd will be tuned to 36. but i want more spl out of it so.... how much power to do tend on giving it?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1881
Well start by giving it the RMS, and go from there, if it's not distorting or bottoming out at the RMS (which I doubt with Fi that it would), go up in wattage increments.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 964
ill bump 24\7 through the residential areas just for the hell of it, just never pulled over :-D stay away from cops@!

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 300
We used to have a STRIP here (Preston Hwy.). It was cool, business district at night, every one would cruise. It was bumper to bumper. Half the parking lots were full, and everyone just had a good time hanging out. Then some a$$hole shot someone, and stole his chain. Now you can't even drive through it with the bass knocking without some cop giving you A ticket.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us