DD9915 BTL Loaded 15 ANSWER QUICK!

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 951
Without money being involved... Strictly SPL\and quality maintained with it...

Which is better? DD9915 right? If the BTL is better ill order that today, if the DD9915 is better ill order it by monday... basically im saying is 9915 worth the extra 200$

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1709
Highly depends how much power your going to put into the subwoofer.

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 952
3Krms in a 6.41cu ft. box before sub displacment i will retune the box to whatever it needs. Its going to be a Dual 1ohm ran at 2ohms.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1713
both are fine. I think DD offers a warranty though. So you might want to consider that. Fi doesn't offer warranty on the btl bc of extreme use. Can't go wrong with either. Both are capable of handling double that power. I would get the DD if you have the money.

Can't go wrong with them.

Also, I would probaly build a box with interchangeable ports. that way you can retune it if you dont like 30hz.

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 953
I was just looking into interchangeable ports right before coming back to this page... im not the best at tuning so i need some help with that as well... Is it the deeper\bigger the port hole the lower its tuned? Or the bigger and less deeper? ..im planing on making the port from Marshall's plans :-)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/650399/6

Once i get to rebuilding the box i will have pics of things to help distinguish the tuning is correct for what im looking for, i was thinking one for super low bass and another for super loud bass. Im going with the DD more then likly im thinking not for the fact of the warranty really but since they offer one with it you know it has to be one tough SOB when they know what people are doing with them in the first place. Also because of the sq things i heard.. 9915 has better sq then the BTL. I cant say its true or not but i heard more say DD sq is better then BTL but installs...... different

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 954
...one more thing... i bought a gallon of the edead liquid sound deadener.. would it be a good idea to coat the inside of the box with a thin layer of it or will that result in SPL loss?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1714
with just one sub you dont have to worry as much. Just coat the inside of the box with resin and do all 90 degree corners. Some inside bracing as well. I wouldn't use sound deadener. thats just me.

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 957
Well, for the corners i used a silicone and smoothed it out with my finger so it was like 1\4 of a O completely rounded corners but on another note this box is made from oak and cedar not the cheap mdf, so would it even help any if i resined the box? btw 1" thick to. 1 or 2 2x4's should be good for a bracing? i didnt need a brace before with the design of my old box, the ports were basically the braces themself.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8969
just get the dd and be done with it.

Bronze Member
Username: Jim1000

Post Number: 12
U should have used MDF. It is far denser and less resonant. Line the box with mdf then brace it or start over. Sorry

Bronze Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 57
no need for the 99 with that little power, the 9500 will be plenty..... the 9500s are proven proformers i doubt if the BTL could hang with that little power...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3543
I would def go with the dd and if u have the money to spend you should run about 6krms to it but trust me the sq on dd's are really nice i have the 9500 and the sq is amazing for something so loud. but i need to go for lower power

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 292
i would get the dd but if your gonna get the btl don't get it fully loaded unless your gonna throw over 3k...i think its pointless to get it fully loaded and only throw 2500-3000rms to it (cough cough CHAD!) lol jk

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9017
hey man i am getting ready to throw in a couple of memphis 4kw's on it. lol.

i want to see what i will hit with my current amps and box. after that its hello memphis 4kw or whatever else that can do 4000wrms.

also i will be putting in another set of focal utopias in my door cause i know 8000wrms will drown out the mids.

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 293
lol thats the amp i want... but just 1

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 960
well it will eventually be getting 6Krms...the debate was get a BTL now to replacement my Fu<ked up system or pay the little extra $$ and get the DD 9915 now and not buy it later when i get the other DD9915 and 12Krms for the pair...(project in the near future) btw...my mistake about 500$ more..... and i originnaly wanted to start with 300$ for a drop in pair...... lmfao i suck at sticking to a budget

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1729
my budget was like 3-4k. I spent a little over 5k. yeah. awesome indeed.

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1066
look at chad go lol. After i get it all running with 2 zx2500.1 i want to get 2 more and run 1 to each coil for 10k+ watts of power. That will be after my 2nd alt comes into the picture prolly next year lol

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1731
here here, I have plans on doing 4 hd315's as well. with two more massive p3000.1's, two more batteries, and another 260amp alt. that should run me, 2700. hehe.

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 962
so the amp im gunna be running the sub with to begin with is a Earthquake PHD5000D i kno they have high THD and all but does that mean i wont get quick response from the sub or what? it sounds just as clean as my jbl bp1200.1 does but everyone always talks down on the THD fact..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us