Whats going on ;(

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 703
alright I hooked up my rockford 800a2 it does 928
rms at 4ohms and its barely making my sub hit with gain all way up and subcontrol on hu all the way down but when I turn it up on the hu it hits but makes the burn smell y can't it just hit with subcontrol on low?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 RE XXX[:-]

Post Number: 4401
Check RCA's?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8947
yeah^^^^^^

also read the manual that came with that amp. maybe you have some setting wrong on the amp.

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 704
what setting could be wrong its just freq bass gains lp hp and full and its on lpf 200hz half bass gain all the way (which isn't hitting unless I turn the sub control up which burns the sub)

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8950
is that a 2 channel amp which you bridged?

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 705
yea I had another one and it hit ith sub contreol down on the hu and I got this one fairly.new and it doesn't even with left and right gains up

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8952
take it out your sub and re do it. maybe something you did wrong might come up. i doubt your amp is bad.

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 706
me too cause it bangs with sub.c on hu up but not when its down.... and I don't wanna burn the coil

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1368
"it hits but makes the burn smell "

It may be because you dont have the gains set properly.

When the amp gains are set all the way up, your amp is expecting a weak signal. You expect the amp to take the high voltage you are sending from your HU and not get hot?

BTW, what smells burnt, the amp or the sub? If it is the amp, check all cables, wires, fuses, disto blocks, power wires, ground wires, and remote wire.

If it is the sub, then you got some wiring issues and/or even a short.

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 707
its the sub the amp stays cool perfect even when hu s.control is down and gains are high it don't hit it only hits with hu sub control up which is bad on the sub

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 290
it's also bad when you send the sub a clipped signal

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1369
What type of sub is it, and what VC configuration is it? How much can it handle RMS?

Have your gains set professionally. Gains up and HU sub level down don't mean squat.

Set your gains, or have someone else that knows how, set them for you. Your gains should be about 1/3 to 2/3's up and your HU sub level should be somewhere around 75% up. Your bass levels should be between 0 and 50% way up. Turn the loudness button off; it should only be used at very low volumes. Also check your X-over settings on your HU and/or amp if applicable and set them properly or have someone else that knows how, set them for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us