UPS did it again....

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2565
Yep.. looks like they dragged my package behind the truck :-) ...

all in all Polos packing saved the sub hehe..

150s here i come :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1018
stupid ups man lol glad its all ok tho

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1677
Nice. What amp is that?

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 355
sh!t! the package is f_cked you gotl ucky mang...nice sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 2566
BEtter Audio 1600M1 / RE 35.1 ... I have two.. 1 for each RE SX 15" :-)

Yea.. all is well. First thing I checked was the motor alignment because if anything bad happened that would have told me right away. But yep, it is all good.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8937
nice. its going to be one loud car now. not that it wasn't before. looks like your dream came true. congratualtions. now that your life long goal is fullfilled, whats next?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2569
a wall with 4 of those :-)

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 323
damn i just bought some subs from chauncey which are comin by way of UPS, now i'm nervous

Gold Member

Post Number: 2571
Hahaha.. as long as they are packed good.. you should be fine. Make sure they are insured though

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2325
DUDE, WHAT THE HECK THEY DO TO THAT BOX? Was the foam and the pool noodle still in tact? Might have been the only thing that saved it!!

H
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T

B
A
T
M
A
N
!
!

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
BUMP for polo's pro packing skills...EAT THAT UPS

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2661
You should've seen how UPS delivered my laptop. I thought they had something personal against it! It might have something to do with there tight schedules. Yeah, they suck.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 129
United Package Smashers
http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/?page=packages.php

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
my subs should be coming from ups in the next few days...if i get em' and right away the package is obviously jacked up...what action should i take??

get name or any info from delivery guy?

refuse to sign for it?

call ups right away?

just curious.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 130
Open the box and check to see if everything is ok and don't let the UPS dude leave until you are 100% satisfied. They HAVE to wait for you so don't let the guy tell you otherwise.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2664
Dude, they left my $1300 laptop on my front step, no signature! I followed the tracking and it was delivered 4 hours before I got home. And the driver is only like 2% of the overall process. They knock twice really fast and bolt! They probably don't want to answer for the crappy packages!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2573
Yeah I know Polo.. the smashed it good hehe.. Yeah. everything was in tact and nothing in the motor scrapes so it should work fine.

The amp i sold and sent through UPS.. well it was mint when it left and when he got it i was told one of the mounting tabs was bent and the package looked beat up.. I sent him a pic of the package before it left so i just hope the amp works fine still or else hell have to file a claim with UPS for the insurance on it.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1540
WOW glad my computer was shipped FedEx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2580
^^ Hahaha

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8701
FED ex is worse!!!! I have had 2 subs RUINED via fed ex!!! You got lucky bro, good job packing Polo:-) I was driving the other day, a Fed-ex truck made a left in front of me. When he did I guess he had his door open and a box came flying out of the truck and started sliding toward my truck. it stopped about 2 feet infront of me after slamming on the brakes. He got out picked it up like nothing happened and continued on his route. The box was F'ed up!!! good luck filing a complaint they will throw you through a ringer to get a dime out of them!!! it sucks!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8951
you were just unlucky kevin. i deal with ups all the time and i hardly had any problems with my boxes arriving in that condition (knock on wood). the jl sub i got from james arrived in perfect condition and both of my btls got to me in perfect condition. what i mean by perfect condition is that the box still kept its original shape.

i agree with james on fedex. they tend to deliver a day or two quicker but it alwasy looks beat up.

DHL FTW.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 760
only time i've ever had a problem was when i bought stuff from japan... it was just box damage though

Gold Member

Post Number: 2581
This is my third mishap with UPS.. and polo has had his instances.. hence why he made a protective bubble around the sub lmao

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 578
when i got my computer parts, the box the case was in was destroyed, yet my case was fine thankfully...

i dont see why people cant take the time to carefully place and set things down... I wonder if damaged products come out of the driver's pay or whatever

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2436
no chad, not DHL FTW, i used them to ship my amp a few days ago the massive P3000.1 come in like a display hard card board box, well when i shipped it, i put it in a larger box filled it with bubble wrap and sent it on its way, got a call from the guy today that it got there fast and all but the display box was like crushed

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 134
It's not the drivers, they are usually really good about not bashing stuff. It's the package being thrown, smashed, dropped and crammed in trucks/planes and on conveyor belts over and over again on the way to the final delivery truck when all this happens. It's THOSE f!ckers that don't care, regardless of what company it is. Those guys are underpayed and overworked and they just take it out on the packages.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2668
Agreed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2582
UPS warehouse FTL!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3532
only prob i ever had was my jl 300/ 2 that i got came a little beat up but the amp was fine it was just the box

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
i co-manage a toy store and we get shipments daily for UPS and/or FedEX...generally speaking we've had WAY MORE problems with UPS...

...and i agree it's almost always not the driver, you have to work your way up to be a driver and they get payed surprisingly well...

...it's at the warehouse where they have entry level douchewads who like to fu<k around on the job.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 886
Yeah I have a friend that works the doc and they throw the packages off the truck and onto the belts (could be 3-5ft drop sometimes). It isnt their package, they don't care.
BTW the drivers get paid good and during holiday hours they get 50+ hours. They arent underpaid

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2326
Sorry but around here UPS employees get payed quite well for what they do! That box that Kevin posted looks like it was literally bounced/shaked up and down many, many times. I wrapped take on all axis and I used 3mil 3M tape, the good sh!t. I used a piece of pool noodle under the magnet incase they dropped it. I use to package all kinds of stuff and I used pool noodles, lol. Funny because you can easily cut pieces to fit and it is light. I remember when that sub came to me I could not believe how RE packed it. Matter of fact when I sold its twin, I used both of the boxes to ship it, double-up style, just in case. Polo. :-)

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 337
It must depend on what part of the nation you're in. I've never had problems with UPS. I have had Fed-Ex smash up my packages and lose them. I hate the USPS the most. They lose my stuff (packages and regular mail) all the time or put it in a neighbors mail box and I have to get it from them later.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2583
this is why when it comes down to shipping/packing....

TRUST NO ONE BUT YOURSELF!

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2720
yeah all shipping suck ups is better the fed ex though

the mag i bought is the only package that didnt look beat up when i got it (thank god)

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1031
im gonna be pi5sed if my BTL is fubard when it gets here cause if them

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1864
FedEx is worse...They can never find my house...And it sits right along the street like everyone else's...When I ordered my Volfs. before, some old lady at a rest home had them delivered to her room...I mean, sure they're garbage, I know that now, but come on, they aren't BEDPANS!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2587
... they do have an aluminum cone that would sure suite an elderly women in need...

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1856
I have never had a problem with Fed Ex either. Ups dropped my Ti and jacked it up, ripping the surround. But I got it patched and it works great. But the patch is still an eyesore.

Bronze Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Post Number: 49
i hope ups breaks my cerwin vega stroker pro.... its insured for 2600 dollars, and i only paid 200 on eBay... that would be a profit of 2400 dollars, enough to buy 4 of them and still have money left over.... but i doubt it will happen with cerwin vegas 30lb metal case for it....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2597
^^ .. for the hassle of trying to get the money from UPS.. you could have saved and gotten another one by the time they gave you money..

but it would be tight :-)

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1857
You realize that you have to show proof of worth in order for them to pay on a claim right? They are not just going to give you 2600 dollars becuase that is what you insured it for. LMAO, newb.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 139
LOL yeah, and the USPS is the worst about that. I know they were talking about UPS but this reminded me of a story.

One time a buddy sent me a computer from NY that he wanted me to fix up and add a bunch of stuff to, and send it back. Well, a month went by, no package, so he called em up every other day and bitched at em. They have a policy when a package is lost that they have to "verify that is was indeed lost and not mis-routed" which takes around six weeks until they are satisfied. Then, you have to wait another couple months for them to launch an investigation into what happened blah blah. THEN, like Isaac said they make you prove the worth of what was in the box, which in this case we couldn't because it was a used system and it was lost....Finally after like six more months (not even exaggerating) they agreed to send him $300, which I guess was the default amount when they can't verify the contents.

As!holes!! I swear I think sometimes it would be easier to just load the stuff up and drive it there myself

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3546
ya well the mag i just bought from the group buy they said it was delivered at 2:55 but i was home until 4 and my brother was home the rest of the day. And guess what no package so i have no idea what to do i file a claim from them but havent yet heard back from them and i dont know if nick insured it or not

Gold Member

Post Number: 2601
damn man, that is horrible luck.

can't you find out who signed for the package?!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8707
damn bro, I am sorry:-(

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3548
no one signed for it there wasent anyone signature thing for it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums