Jl 12w6 vs. image dynamics id max 12 inch

Username: Razzeldazzel06

Post Number: 1
I am trying to get the best subs that are out of the market. I have no limit in spending. I am looking for somethin that has great sound quality and some good spl. I like to listen to rap music and some rock. I have been looking at the jl audio 12w6 and the imahe dynamics id max 12. I have heard these two subs are the best sounding subs out on the market. Is this true? If not can you tell me what subs are better for me? My price limit is 5,000 on a complete system...help me out..oh yea i have the new Dodge nitro its pretty small truck, i dont want the music to crazy..i want mostly sound quality but nice bump for rap music.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1681
I would get the idmax, but thats just me.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2525
idmax FTW

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 126
id take idmax as well

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 326
Either one would work great. I have the 12w6v2's sealed and I love em. You are not going to go wrong with either. Best thing to do is listen to both and decide which one you like more.

Post Number: 2
should i get one sub or two subs?..I like to listen to rap so what would be better?. ALso what kind of amp should i get. Is the memphis 1100 a good enough amp for the id max? Do i need a capacitor or a new regulator or w/e help me out im trying to configure the best system ever lol and im clueless..i just want better sounding system then my friends and everyone has jl audio i want to be different but i wnat it better..also i have my internals already so i dont need advice on them..I have infinty's

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1686
yeah, you'll surprise then with the Idmax, but their probaly so cockie that they don't want to admit it. I know a top 50 car audio installation place around my town that got rid of JL bc they liked Image Dynamics so much better. To me that says a lot :D.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2531
if you still want good output i'd at least run two subs.. one sealed IMO just don't do it although a single sub setup for an SQ car is all that is needed

Post Number: 3
thank u guys a lot...but will i need like the capacitor and regulator and stuff...the truck is brand new with the premium sound package..if i get the capcitor and regulator will it be better for my cars amp, subs, and speakers

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 129
dont worry about a capacitor. Get a high output alternator.

Post Number: 4
those id max subs are 1000 watts rms...is that to much for my small suv i dont want to die but i like decent bump...if i lower the bass level will i still maintain crystal clear sound with good bump. I dont wnat my windows and panels breaking and cracking. What kidnd of alternator should i get, and would two 10 inch id max be fine for rap music??

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 134
1000 watts per sub will def bump for a daily driver. But you would definately need a high output alternator. I wouldnt worry about anything breaking. And if you are into rap music id personally look for bigger subs at least 2 12s or 15s. For alternators http://www.excessiveamperage.com/ or http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

Post Number: 5
but are they too much?? for me like the two 12w6 were pushen it for me..i had second thoughts cause they were almost too loud for my truck when i heard them in my friends range rover. If i get a bass control installed ill be fine right, without messing up my memphis amp rms and max id subs rms

Post Number: 6
the rms of the max id are 1000, can i make the level at like 500 and still maintain good bump and clear sound, i want the best stuff, but i dont want to use it tot he max cause i dont like it too crazy..so if i lower the wattage level and i lower the wattage level of my amp to lik 500 or 450 will it still be okay and my amp and subs will still sound great with good bump and clear sound?

Post Number: 7
some help please????

Post Number: 8
someone help please???

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2768
idmax's only need around 500-750wrms to get moving, if it was me i'd get 2 dvc4ohm and a kx1200.1 or sx1250.1 amp, put them in a sealed box. do you know what size your stock alt is, if its under 120a i would upgrade.

Post Number: 9
how about rockford fosgate power t1

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2769
NO the subs mentioned are 10000000000000000000000000x better than any RF sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
haha alright...will a memphis 1100 class d be perfect..any better amps for what im getting? and what rms level should i lower the subs too and the amp too for some crystal clear music and some decent,not crazzy bump like hear u a mile away and panels are breaking, but decent like wow that car is hot bump lol

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2770
that memphis will do the job, i personally like kicker amps more. also make sure you get the right VC config, to wire up to whatever amp you get.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
thanks alot im sorry for being annoying but one more thing..im just trying to do this whole thing right cause im putting in so much money and a lot of my friends stuff comes out like crap..what is vc config??and also if i hav the guys tune it for me at the place cause i have no idea how to tune it myself should i say something that would make it better for me and what should i tell them like to add like ebtter wires..an alternator, a good capacitor..i dont know what to say..im only trying to go to thsi place once and get everything done in one shot.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2772
the VC config is what ohm load the sub is like DVC4 or DVC2, i take it you probaly don't know how to wire subs, i'll find a link to show ya in a sec. for a box most SQ ppl go sealed, but if you do go ported 32hz is an overall good tune, but if want the lows to be better tune lower.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2773
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp heres a link for wireing subs.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8668
like Dustin said 600-750 to a ID max is plenty especally ported. If you go small sealed then 1000 can be delivered. What kind of SUV is this going into? You seem to be hung up on that memphis amp so just go with it as long as you are getting a good deal on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
its going intot he new 2007 dodge nitro..it is a small suv..the same size as the jeep liberty...thats why i dont wnat anything crazy cause ill die in there lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
so what you think about that??

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8704
honestly 1 12 max ported in a like 1.75cu.ft enclosure with 750 watts will SLAM to your liking:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I went to the store the other day to get the 12 inch id max and the 1100 memphis amp and he said I dont need a fan to cool off the amp. I thought I needed one because its going into a closed small compartment but he said its such a good amp that it doesnt get hot. Then I asked him about the capacitor or a high power alternator he said no because the memphis amp is so well built it doesnt need anything. Is this true or do i go somewhere else or ask him to add those things anyway?

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 149
with 1000 watts or more, your lights will almost definately dim. YOu can always install it and see. If they dim, you need an upgrade. He fed u sh!t because build quality has nothing to do with how many watts that it takes to be run.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2788
the fan depends on a bunch of things, first the quality of the amp, like my old kicker and my current re12.1 never get hot, but my bro's kenwood gets pretty hot so it depends on the quality of the amp. me personally would never own a cap. there worthless IMO allways get a bigger alt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
should i get a highpowered alt just to be safe??

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2790
i would it couldn't hurt, plus if you ever upgrade, you'll allrready have a bigger alt.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 272
you could always get a SI mag, awesome SQ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us