A very productive weekend.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1661
The weather in boston this weekend was 70-65 degrees. I began Saturday by mounting and connecting 3 more amps. Re-feed some speakers to diffrent amps. Made mountings for my 5 1/2 comps for overhead. Ran some more wire. Today I tackled the HU and EQ replacement. Ran 2 more sets of RCAs. Some more wire for the Comps. Replaced my dash speakers (4th pair of Powebass, This time the whole tweeter mounting loosened up. I thought they were blown cause of all the ratteling.) Anyway replaced them with Infinity Ref. 3 1/2. So I got everything in and in place for the most part, but now the daunting task of doing the amp to speaker matching, tuning the whole system. All the gains will need to be reset aswell as HU settings, The EQ settings and amp settings. Should have it done by spring.
Its so easy to buy stuff, just a pain to make it all play nice together.
Ill throw some pics up at some point. These are last years set up ones.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN Just let it ...

Post Number: 268
im completely lost with ur back seat right now haha but im sure once ur done itll look good

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 RE XXX[:-]

Post Number: 4364
Are thoes 6x9's? How do thoes sound?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2603
^^^Now that's alot of install!

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 572
lol wtf is with ur back seat

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1663
There is no Back seat. Its a van. That speaker box is on the window shelf just behind the drivers seat. That L7 is on the passenger seat.
Everything is mounted below or above the window. The window with the red X is the outside of that window you see in the first pick. Make sence now?

Upload

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1676
What a diffrence that new HU makes. Still havent tuned or matched yet. but its gonna be nice when its done. Between the HU and EQ, there is so much to play with. And the cd dont lag like 5-7 secs like the old one did.
BTW, anyone know of a connctor that has female stereo rcas on 1 end, and a like a female headphone stereo connector on the other end?
Went to radio hack and they had nothing.
Funny thing was the guy said "it may not be compatible and may change the freqs." I'm like , "Dude, you dont even know what app im using it for, how can you say its incompatable?" Then I told him, "Thats the vauges statement I ever heard." needless to say he didnt know how to convert rca to headphones.

Bronze Member
Username: Nor_cal_lo_life

Post Number: 46
solder one up from some nice rca cables they sell both ends at radio shack
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us