Need opinions..

Bronze Member
Username: Miles_hood

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 82
i just bought 2 12" kicker l5's, and put them in a ported dual probox .. anything i should be worried or know about w/ these subs??? what to do and not to do..

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 756
I got a feeling you just opened up a can of "sub bashing" lol. Get Ready...

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 84
whats that mean???are they not good???or should i have not bought them??

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2070
kicker isnt known for aroud here for qualtiy subs. tend to not last very long. they arent the worse sub you could have bought, but they arent the best.

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 86
so what advise can you give me w/ them?? or how long you think they will last?

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
I mean, I would say they are decent... If you paid full price for those, honestly there is a WHOLE LOT more you could have gotten better for the money. All that really matters is the fact that YOU like em. But if you are willing to sell and get better, we are here to help.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8828
just make sure your gain is set right and don't over work those subs and it should last. they aren't the prettiest sounding subs but any type of bass is better than no bass.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Alpine type S 6.5 inch...

Post Number: 2066
youll like them, they get loud

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 87
oo ok.. well i only paid 260 for both them and a kicker box.. but i went out and bought the probox seperate...funny thing is when they arived and i hoooked them up i blew the sealing and tacks out of the kicker box.... but will they last for me..??i like how they sound...

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
Well that's whats up! As long as you like em, that's all that matters! Are there many people where you're from with systems?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2067
my friend has kicker l5's i like them... they will last forever as long as u dont blow them....

only thing ive heard is that the surrounds rip bc they are square... but just dont over power them, and like ever other sub it it will last

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 88
well yea but, most of them are knock off brands.. few people have ok ones like a friend of min has 2 xenon 12"s in a probox and a xenon 600.1 .. but mine out beat his by far , i bought these cause i know they sound good and loud, but i wanted to know about the dependability they have.. and if i made a good choice..

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 89
well the amp i have is a mtx thunder,its a 1000 watts brided at 4 ohms...but the speakers are 2 ohm, any way to make it better w/ out blowing or messing them up..?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2068
i love kicker...so yeah... i mean all subs have dependability.. if u dont over power them

its not like an amp where theres millions of electrical components that could break ya know...

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 90
yea true...also.. i have a in dash screen here to i want to hook up to them.. but i dont know where the sub out is would it happen to be the rca plugs that say non-fadeing?? it is a dual 7" screen how would that work or would it work at all w/ this setup and still pound hard?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2069
if your screen has sub outs....u should be able to find it...usually there are labels, they may have fallen off.

run a pair of rcas down the middle of your car, from your screen to your sub amp, and try every rca out on the amp unitll u get the sub one

you will know it is the sub one when u change the sub controls on the screen

if u dont have sub outs, then it doesnt matter bc u dont have sub controll, so any rcas will do. try to get the rears tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 2070
you dont even need to wire down the middle...u can just permanently install them and just keep switchin at the screen till you find it

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 93
oo ok well what does non fadeing rca output mena then there ar rear and front then non fadeing..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2072
ohhhh non fading is subwoofer... use the non fading

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 94
oo sweet ok cool.. thanks alot!man itel you though.. it nerve recking installing this damn thing cause it has the seperate reciever unit thatgoes w/ it, with all the rca plugs and wires .. its quit irretateing...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2074
well...youll be able to do it...

i just had like the hardest install of my life...but it was fun hahah

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 95
lol yea i bought a 94 limited ed. explorer haveing 22"s put on it tomorrow ima put this screen in it and my subs in the back..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2075
niceeeeeee

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 96
yea its alright i just wanted to find out from the pros if what i have is good or not..was thinking about buyin a whole nother ported probox and 2 more l5'sand bolting the two boxes together in the back.. haveing 4 l5's but i would need a bigger amp..

Bronze Member

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 98
also i just hook the wire that is supposed to go to the e brake i just hook it up to the ground wire to play movies while driven right???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us