Little Help Building My System

Username: Stuckinutero

Post Number: 1
It can be very hard to find some help around message boards. Im hoping somebody can give me some help here.

Im currently in the process of replacing the entire system in my 1997 Honda Prelude. Was a little tricky finding some nice components that could fit in the front without butchering the speaker basket. Preludes arent exactly blessed with tons of depth when it comes to mounting speakers in the front and rears.

I wound up deciding on a pair of MB Quart RUA213s (5 1/4) in the front and am currently deciding between an Alpine CDE-9846 or a Pioneer DEH-P3800M for a Head Unit.

Right now I need help with 3 things.
1) Finding a set of rear 6x9's that will produce a good amount of bass. I do not plan on running subs in this car. I don't need the extra weight, and I dislike excessive bass. It does however need to be present. So I'd like to find a set of rear speakers that will produce an adequate amount. My trunk wont take anything that mounts further than 3". The brackets that hold my truck open will get in the way. Im looking to spend between $80-130on the rears.

2) Findind an amp to power the whole system. Again, I dont really plan on running subs. I have an old set that Ive never hooked up in this car because of the weight. So maybe one day for the hell of it. Just an amp to provide feed my front components the power they want.

3) Just simply deciding between the 2 head units. I wont be powering the front speakers with an amp until the beginning of next month, so which ever one will provide me with good power and the future possibility of hooking an amp up. Looking to spend between $120-150 on the amp.

Thanks in advance for any help. Im an audio producer, so not only do I know my sound but I can also be a big time stickler about it. Most of my listening occurs in the studio and at home. I just want a decent step up over my stock set-up without spending $1,000. Again, all help is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 568
if i were you, id go with the alpine, good hu, thats all i have had. and i love them all. as for an amp, i have an alpine 4 ch. powerin my comps, and it does really well, never gets hot, its basically a true performer, so def, look into the v-power amps, even maybe a kicker amp, maybe kinda high tho. uhh phoenix gold is prolly in that range i would say? maybe used? who knows. well hope that helps u out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us