Good drop in subs....?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 908
Ok so the combing on these power acoustik subs is ripping apart pretty bad now so they are going to die soon, what would be some good drop in subs for my box...? the box is 6.32cuft tuned at 40hz im only trying to spend 300 or less but if its worth it ill dish a few more bucks out.. its for a pair of 12's.... any suggestions... i need fast shipping to? lol..if it matters the subs are going to be getting about 3k rms

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 RE XXX[:-]

Post Number: 4296
Audioque SD2.5?

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 707
I back that ^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 4302
Yea, just keep the bass boost and the gain down.

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 911
they wont take 3k rms? im need it to take that and want it to hit the lows without popping like they crap things..btw i just blew one of them up... the combing just ripped right off....

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 912
they wont take 3k rms? im need it to take that and want it to hit the lows without popping like these crap things..btw i just blew one of them up... the combing just ripped right off....

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 913
oops i meant these crap power acoustiks where do i get those?

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 914
what about the pioneer 3004spl's? are they any good.. they go for like 250 a pair on ebay..?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4304
I think you need to raise your budget if you want subs that will handle that much power. What amp do you have?

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 915
earthquake phd5000d these power acoustics took the power fairly well for a few months i only paid 300 im sure there are still better for cheaper somewhere

Silver Member

Post Number: 708
Are you talking about 3000w on each sub daily, or 3000w total on both subs daily? They won't take 3000w a piece daily, but burping you won't have a problem with em on that!

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 916
Soundstream Tarantulas any good? under\over rated?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUNDSTREAM-T4-12-12-TARANTULA-SPL-SUBWOOFER-SUB-1800W_W0QQi temZ190004300741QQihZ009QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

18"..not for me but look anyways for yourself? lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-inch-SPL-champ-8000-watts-150-DB-1500-SUBWOOFER_W0QQitemZ 170066431291QQihZ007QQcategoryZ18805QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pioneer W3002SPL*

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PIONEER-TS-W3002SPL-3000W-12-CAR-DVC-SUBWOOFER-SUB_W0QQi temZ190066335391QQihZ009QQcategoryZ48615QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Alpine Type X?

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 917
3000rms for the pair @2ohms not on each and this for daily

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 921
^bump... comon sombody!!

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 710
what i dont understand is how u can 925 posts and not know whats a good subwoofer .. what do usay on here ... thats what cracks me up .. bring back the old ecoustics

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2416
^^^ lol post wh0ring FTW

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 711
defintely not post whoring ... ive been on this forum for 3 years ... and i have 700 posts .. i only post what needs to be said ... or if its relavent to anything which most threads consist of ... garbage

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2396
you said you wanted lows without popping the subs.. lol

tune lower than 40hz. this is prolly how you killed your subs. for one the box volume is quite large for 2 ported 12s and odds are you were playing signifcally below the boxes tuning in turn making your subs have little control over the cone.. potential to bottom out or waffle the cone making the motion not linear :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8664
seriously you are better off going with a old school sub with that much air space but they wont take that much power. Cut your 12in holes to 15in holes and drop in 2 15in sx's

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 922
i was thinking about going with 15's but im not sure if they will fit yet... i have so many posts because i post alot... easy answer lmao or more of i make alot of mistakes and fix them and answering alot of questions like the one you just left directed towards me.... and btw there are alot of offtopic threads to0....

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 923
and on another note.... i dont kno about these subs because i never personally owned them so i never knew the specs of the complete setup they been in if i heard them or anything...... thats why im asking for advice\opinions on them if they will handle it and such... with the sub that blew the combing off i tok the combing from a old audioburn immortal i have and replaced it with that and its working again to and gets lower without popping alot more excursion to just looks a little ugly.. but it works so i guess thats good? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2400
popping? definately bottoming out your subs Lol..

you can fit 15"s if you honestly have that big of a box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 711
Just saw that you said 3000w going to the two and if you were going to get the SD2.5's, they would take that daily all day long! DJ at Audioque will explain to you that their subs are NOT built around MAX specs and flashy numbers. They rate their SD2.5's at 500rms/1000max because thats all they'll need to get bumping, but they'll take A WHOLE LOT more because of a great build. I have almost 300 watts going to both of my 15" SD2.5s and I'm totally shocked at how loud and LOW they get. I'm planning on putting at least 600w to each in the near future, maybe within the next two weeks. DJ told me that there are guys where he's at bumping 1500-2000 a piece daily on these subs, and have no problem with them breaking down.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2457
... w/e you get build the box to specs lol

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 924
see thats the thing im stuck at, im going for a bass@ss system soon so i dont want to build a new box for some subs i just want some good drop in subs for this box for now...btw the other speaker is completely dryed and all and atually hits better then it did with the poweracoustik combing :-p but it looks like garbage and i dont kno how long it will take it for... that is the real size of the box its just the boards for the tuning inside the box may be in the way so 15's may not fit so i need to make sure and measure it again. ill get a movie of the rebuilt sub..

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 925
Ill spend 500..... im getting impatient lol

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 926
i was thinking if i can.. ill get a 18 if the box is a good size and ill open up the box and retune\ cut new speaker hole and stuff.. that might be alright? box is 6.32cuft the debate i can have if i do this is 2 15's or 1 18? 500$... 3000rms @2ohms.. i would also retune the box if i did that.. so i would need some tuning design help.. lol i suck at that

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 932
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pair-Cerwin-Vega-Stroker-15-Inch-Subs-154-Subwoofer_W0QQ itemZ110075443469QQihZ001QQcategoryZ18804QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ?? any good

Silver Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 936
Or maybe one fully moded 15 BTL? in a 6cu box? will that be loud\ work fine in the box... remember i have to rebuild half the box now...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us