1998 Accord radio antenna..HELP

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 536
ok, my brother-in-law is having some problems.He replaced his stock radio a long time ago and he got good radio reception fora couple years, but all of the sudden, his reception sucks, sometimes its ok, and sometimes you hit the scan button , and it will go through all the stations and not ever stop. So this Christmas I got him a new Pioneer deh4800 (thinking that the problem was w/ the HU) and his problem is still the same. All the connections are good, theres gotta be something wrong w/ the antenna. anybody got any ideas?

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
anybody out there????

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2468
go get a cheap aftermarket antenna.. or an antenna booster

the ground on it could be bad.. trace the wiring itself and see if anything is wrong with the wiring for the antenna

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Gville, FL

Post Number: 248
the antenna on that car is a strip of metal across the top of the back window. there is no external antenna. you might try buying a new one and try to mount it just above the back glass, kinda like a bug. otherwise who knows. gl

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
alright guys. i think we will just try to get a new antenna, where would i get one at? it cant be like the traditional antenna cause im not going to put a hole in the body, i need to be able to mount it inside the car

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2545
just drill a hole lol.. no big deal

autozone, pep boys, o'reilys for local

eBay would be your cheapest route

Bronze Member
Username: Gregjames

Richmond, CA US

Post Number: 26
THAT HAPPENED TO ME ON MY 2001 ACCORD! wow i thought it was just me, i was too lazy to deal with it, who listens to radio anyways :-). but i relly would like to fix it for traffic reports. exept mine doesnt have an antenna, what do i do?

Bronze Member
Username: Gregjames

Richmond, CA US

Post Number: 27
bump, help please i would like my radio to work :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 549
is it possible that there is a fuse or something for it?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8712
no it's prob a factory defect. call you local car audio dealer, I had a problem with my jeep and my front door speakers kept cutting out. I took it in and they were like this happens all the time with these and had it fixed in 30 minutes. I would bet on a weak point in the wire.

Silver Member

Post Number: 550
yeah...what really sucks is that the antenna is located on the rear windshield, inside the car. and about 1 inch from the back of the headlriner, and the wire is ran in between the roof and the headliner somewhere
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us