Audioque vs. fi

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 478
whats better for spl..the fi btl or the audioque hd3....the btl is better then the fi q right?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2046
both will get b!tchin' loud.
depends what you think is better, overall its a better sub than the q but thats cause it can handle more than twice the power of the q. and if im not mistaken chad said his 2 keep releatvily good sq for all the power hes running.

id take the btl cause a) i think it looks better and b) it rated to be able handle twice as much power, altho both can take more than what they are rated.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 480
so the btls are rated at 4000 and arn't the hd3s rated @ 3000....is there any other subs that compare to these for aound the same price..only one i can think of is the havoc...or is that old news now?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2050
the btls are rated at 2000rms a piece and the hd3 are rated at 1000rmsa piece. both can handle more.
i dont know about the havoc cause i know AA is coming out with their new line but i dont know if the havoc is affected. the havoc is rated forr 1500rms a piece but can take more as well

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 482
ya ik but i mean what are they rated on the street... what do ppl say they can really handle

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 RE XXX[:-]

Post Number: 4295
The HD3 is only .6 DB's under the DD9500 or something crazy like that. It is almost idenical to it except for the cooling. There is a guy on here that is giving his HD3s 3000+wrms a piece.

Username: Jim1000

Post Number: 1
DJ (owner of AQ) recommended 2500 watts each. even more if competing.

Post Number: 2
I am trying to decide and researching heavily. I would only consider a BTL if it was "loaded" otherwise I would get a Q leaning to SQ or HD3 leaning to SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2415
they have handled 6k a piece on burps, the HD3 that is

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1659
"There is a guy on here that is giving his HD3s 3000+wrms a piece"

Is that me . And if so, I can't believe you don't know my name . Anyways, I gave one of the subs 3krms for a day and thats how I found out the other amp wasn't working. But with one sub on 3krms in that big box alone, it got almost as loud as when I had two on 2k total. So I disconnected it and I'm running it at 2k again, but their really nice at 2k =).

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 483
if i was to feed each sub they're max like the perfect enclosure and all the watts they can handle they would sound prety damn close?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1661
that would be a hard question to answer giving that no one has went up against each other yet. I have the HD315's and Chad Lee has Fi BTL 15's, we both have two in a good enclosure. Were suppose to go to a comp this 27th but I might not be able to run both my subs at full power, thats 3k each since one of my amps doesn't work and I don't know how long it'll take to get here. Anyways, thats the closest you'll be able to know but not for sure. I'm sure most people will say BTL, but I do love my HD3's :D.

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 955
yea good comparision........yea i hear about the BTL often..but never heard one....lol idk

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2426
i'd say BTL.. itll take 10,000rms + for a burp.. that is if you have that much power to send that way and have a sufficient charging system to not clip

Post Number: 7
I think we are all guessing, I would bet on the BTL too if you had 10000 watts, which I dont.
As far as High power subs, there is also TC sounds and the soon to come new moab, but I have seen no one talk about either brand, so I would stick with DD, Fi, AQ, maybe + Juggs, APxx? I like the factory direct companies, they seem to have better service, warranty etc. Avoid ebay subs, I bought new, got fxxx up new sub, looks great, buzzes like a bee in a microphone, no warranty (I knew up front but crap).

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 484
i prolly would go with an hd3 b/c right now i only have 1500 rms and i want to get the same amp n get 3000 rms so a hd3 might fit in best....and also don't it say on they're site that if u buy a dual 4 ohm from them and u get a different amp or something that they will replace ur coil for u and make it a dual 2 or something?

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 302
Fi FTMFW

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 328
Jim what kind of sub was it and where did you get it from?

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 478
how does the treo SSX 15 fit into this comparison? What would you pick Treo SSX, FI BTL, or AQ HD3?

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 479
honestly i think the ssx will have more SQ... as far as SPL i think the HD3 or SSX will take the trophy here.. any opinions?

Post Number: 10
The buzzing sub is a Soundstream T4 12. Dual 1 ohm coils. Sounds great except for buzz. Bought it off of soundgoodies.com. Never bothered them about it because I did not try it until now/9 mos later. Probably a fluke.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 588
is a blt and hd3 louder than 1 kicker solo baric L7 15 i havent heard these subs but i really wanna hear them do they got more spl than a kicker 15 and what about sq?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Ok I can give you a factual, objective answer. Someone send me a BTL 15, and HD3 15, and anything else you want compared, 9515 or 9915 or any 18" etc. Even one of the Kicker things.
I will tell you which is best.
LOL

My question is 2 SD2.5s or SSD 15s vs 1 BTL or HD3 18s 2500-3000 watts total.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 103
2500-3000 is a lot for sd2.5's and ssd's just being daily

i dont know about comps tho

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 782
Actually goodie, 2500-3000 watts total, meaning 1250-1500 watts daily a piece...SD2.5s can actually handle that much power daily. I can't speak for the SSD's, but the 2.5s are very VERY underrated subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 591
is a blt and hd3 louder than 1 kicker solo baric L7 15 i havent heard these subs but i really wanna hear them do they got more spl than a kicker 15 and what about sq?

so whats the diffence in the subs and which is louder

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 784
Yea, the BTL and HD3 SHOULD both be louder than the L7, I've heard the HD3, just not the BTLs though.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 104
oh...my bad tehn

Silver Member

Post Number: 594
if any1 has heard a blt compare it to a 15 L7 in spl and sq
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums