Question about my system

Username: Mrwebb

Post Number: 6
I have 2 Memphis 15' subs and a Memphis 1000d pushing both of them. should i have them wired both together into 1 channel or each speaker going into their own seperate terminal on the amp. i currently have them both wired into one channel and they are hitting, just need some advice.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1633
Thats a single channel amp, Hence the D in 1000. It has 2 sets of terminals to make it easier to wire 2 subs, but the amp is bridged inside. ok?

Post Number: 7
im thinking since i have both speakers running into 1 terminal, it is putting out more power? so you suggest to just seperate the speaker wires and run them into each terminal?

Post Number: 8
so will my subs still hti as hard if i run each speaker to their own terminal instead of having them both on terminal whihc is the current setup and they are slamming

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1634
it would be the same. Both positive and negitives terminals are joined together inside the amp to make just one input. Its a mono amp. Mono meaning single channel. One channel.
The give you two wiring sets so you dont have to cram a boat load of wires into one terminal.

Post Number: 9
So basically, instead of having both of my subs wired into one terminal, i should unwire them and run them into their own seperate terminal and my subs will still receive the same amount of power and hit just as hard as they are now being that they're are wired in one terminal?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1650
Yes

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 746
Interesting...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3832
that's a monoblock amp. It has two terminals cuz is easier to wire multiple subs. ON the inside they bridge together

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the advice.. I have King Kong in the trunk!!! I have a cheap HU and it's slamming still..any advice on a good headunit...I been looking at the Pioneer 780 but this guy was telling me about the pioneer 880...do you have any suggestions cause the volume level on my current HU goes up to 35 its a Kenwood

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3841
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us