Which Sub?

Username: Liquidloud

Sacramento, California

Post Number: 1
I am trying to decide whether to use alpine type r or jl w3. I would be using two of them in my boat and they would be 10's. I am not looking for sound quality out of the sub but rather maximum loudness. I have a jl 500/1 amp to run the subs. Which sub would give me a louder bass?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1943
right now i have 2 10 jl w3v2s in my car running on 600rms and i can say they are not worth getting at all. i would defiantly go type r.

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1944
i have a friend with 2 type r 12s and they kill these subs on about the same power.....even if they are 12s it doesnt matter

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 401
my friend got 2 10" w3's today and im very dissapointed with them...they were powered by a rockford 1000.1bd btw.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2043
wow, i heard my boys dub3 and it got fairly loud. i was pretty impressed with it, so i guess it was one in a dozen.

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1946
ya i think there bogus, the ones i have now hit 5 decibels lower than type rs with same pwoer and also dont have good sq.

Username: Liquidloud

Sacramento, California

Post Number: 2
Well should i go with a completly different sub. The reason i thought these is because the max depth of the sub has to be 6 7/8". I am trying to get the loudest i can out of two 10's that can fit in the box that i have.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2477
loud and sound quality don't match well.. those w3s will get louder than you think in a good install
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us