Box help please

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2012
alrite, sub is 12" ssd. i got a box built already 2.1cuft tuned to 33hz.
but i built it and everything, it looks nice if i say so myself, and it fits in the trunk nice and snug. but the problem is, that the box fits in and when i shut the trunk (coupe car) it only leaves about 1-2" between the edge of the box and the trunk window. i dont know if the sub has enoguh room, it doesnt look like it but i dont know. this sounds bad doesnt it? not enough room right?
my box right now is firing to the rear and the port is facing the rear.

now, i was thinking about making a new box with your guys help. i was thinking facing the sub up, port can go wherever is best in your opinion. i want it to be about 2-2.5cuft tuned to 33hz.

i havent tried to fit the box i have now facing up cause i put the wire terminal on what would be the bottom if it faced up and i didnt think the wires comeing from it would be able to bend like that, if that makes sense.

max height would be abuot 16-18" high. 30"-32" wide and abot 14-16" deep.

shuold i just build a new box and not have the wire terminal thing on the bottom? or can the wire take the bending like that?

thanks for taking the time to read/help me. i know i typed way too much.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2016
bump for an answer to any of my questions...

did it not make enough sense?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8762
before you decide to make another box, try out the box first. like you said it leaves about 1-2 inches of space. it might work. its not like it is completely sealed off.

when i had a pair of treos in my trunk, my box did the same thing. it only left a little space between but it still sounded loud.

another option you can do is fire the sub toward the front. then seal around the box from the rest of the trunk.

thanks for taking the time to read my post. lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2020
haha no, thank you chad.haha. figure if someone takes their time to help me out and read half a novel i typed, then i shuolod thank them

so you think itll be fine even tho the edge of the box is like 2" away from the trunk? sub wont have much room. but ill give it a try

and i didnt evven thinkabuot firing it up front

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2035
bump...

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8780
yeah it should still sound good firing it to the back even though you don't have that much space in between.

also if you fire it to the front and close the space between the box and the trunk, it will get loud in your car. especially if your seats fold down.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2038
i think what im gonna do is try it facing back and see what happens, then turn it around and face it forwards and fold my seats down and see what happens. thanks, i didnt even think about facing it forward...i feel like an idiot.haha

and when you say "close the space brtween the box and the trunk" what do you mean? like the space behind where the box is sitting? how would i close it off?

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8783
no. i mean from the face of the box to the rest of the trunk. before i rolled up some foam pads and stuck it in between the box and the trunk.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2040
oh ok

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2486
i like it facing forward :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums