Port help again

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 166
you think a 5.75" 33.12" long port will be good enough for a 15" sub with 40mm xmax. if i don't mess with the bias it will be 36mm xmax which i probably won't change or i was thinking a 8x4 at 41.32" long L shaped port.. what you guys think oh the ports tuned to 25hz <~~~ cuase what was recommended.... also a brutus 2005d for sale $200+ shipping lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4006
First off...what sub is this?

Second, try to get at the very least 12-14sq inches of port per net cuft of box. (16sq inches+ if you have the space)

1 15" for daily (in general) would be good in 4cuft net w/ 60-65sq inches of port ~26-30" long. (that will tune to 33-35hz)

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 695
marshall what's ur email I wanna ask you about your flared ports

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4007
marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 168
Cerwin vega stroker pro 15, Going to be pushed by a ddz1 @ 4 ohm for awhile then @ 1ohm, Anyway the recommended box size is 3 cubic feet after port and woofer displacment, since the port is outside of box i only need to add the woofer displacement and its going to be tuned to 25 hz.. so the box will be 3.165 cubic feet...A 6" port will be 36.25 " long which might be doable.. 2 4" ports are 33.20" long which might be doable also.. What you guys think

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2500
I'd at least tune 5hz higher and make the box 1.0cu.ft bigger

Silver Member

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 173
how would you measure the length of a L shaped port from the middle of the elbow or from wall to wall

Silver Member

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 174
oh and whats the calculation to measure the port area =so i know how much i have

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8883
middle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us