Programming new transmitter for old remote start

Username: Ginad22

Post Number: 1
I am having some problems programming a replacement transmitter for my DEI 552T Valet Remote Engine Starter (I believe the date of mfg was 11/95). There is no Valet/Program switch or even an available port in the "brain" in which to plug one. All that I can see is a dipswitch labeled "TX Learn On Off," which I assume to mean transmitter. But I cannot, for the life of me, find how to actually do the programming. All installation guides for the 552T mention the Valet/Program switch (and the wiring diagrams are not even close to what mine looks like, either), so I'm guessing that they've changed this model somewhat and mine is just really OLD!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Username: Ginad22

Post Number: 2
Finally found out by going to a dealer...they had to call DEI technicians, who had to find a really, really old manual. For others that may be searching for how to do this like I was, just leave the ignition off, believe it or not! Put dipswitch #4 to the "on" position and press the left button on the transmitter. Presto! So easy, but I never would've figured this out since I wouldn't think you could do it without the ignition being on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us