How is Hifonics BX2005d

Username: Hgill05

CA

Post Number: 5
Would this be good match for my 2 15" L7 @ 4ohms
specs for this amp are:
HiFonics BX2005D 2000 Watts Amplifier with Adjustable Bass Equalization, Remote Bass Control, an RMS @ 4-Ohm of 650 Watts, RMS @ 2-Ohm of 1300 Watts, RMS @ 1-Ohm of 2000 Watts...

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 110
That amp will soon be a two years ago model just so you know. If you can get a good deal on it, the Brutus is a solid amp but if you are buying new you can do better in that price range ($369).

Username: Hgill05

CA

Post Number: 6
i got a price of $290
do you think its worth it or just go for one of the newer ones?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2640
hifonics amps are over rated it will probly put out 80% of its rated power

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 111
If it's in decent shape (or new) that's a pretty good deal. You should look around this forum, a few guys are selling really nice mono amps (like the Orion 2500D) for great prices shipped.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1109
the bx2005 is identical internally to the bxi2006

Same amp, just an older look - don't sweat it.

If you're not looking to spend several hundred dollars on a big name amp the HF is a pretty good option IMO. Shouldn't have any trouble giving your L7's rated power.

I would probably set the gain for 1500w and leave the extra ~300w for dynamic headroom.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3051
its not identical ihave both of them the bxi2006d will get u a few watts over the 05d why??? cuz it has some upgraded caps some extra caps and few lil modification but yeah they look similar except that the 06d has a few extras :-)

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1115
It appears the only difference is the color of the main power capacitors. With the 06 using gold, and the 05 using black. I'm thinking that means 105 deg C vs. 85 deg, but it may also be tolerance. Either way - I can't see that making any significant difference. It may contribute to durability if the new ones are 105 vs 85.

I guess I should have said "virtually" identical.
In my personal estimation - they're the same amp.

bx2005d
Upload

bxi2006d
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3820
that system will be loud. Do a ported box tuned between 35-40 HZ OMG you will die in there

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10327
i installed a Hif bx2005d on a Hif 15" Goliath sub last 4 some1 - must admit it bangs pretty hard....

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 397
hey harpreet, you from India?

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 46
I have noticed on this forum how Hifonics are over rated not sure how many ppl owned them or are they just repeating what they have read" Sony explode now thats over rated" Hifonics are Great Amps for the price. Im sure they are not talking about xx amps. I have a Hifonics amp and Im very happy with it, when I up grade I will get a bigger Hifonics amp

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10337
well ppl posted on here actual output/test certificates on what the last year's model Hif amps do & few i see actually averages about 80%

i do agree though - cant get much better amps in its price range ........

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 34
I have a Hifonics Brutus 1206D and I've never tested it or had it rated, but it did blow my Pioneer Premier TSW3002SPL rated at 1000 watts rms. Yea ahha my first sub, im retarded, but with hifonics is was prolly only 1000....perfect match right?? well waiting on warranty info on the premier....but the Hifonics is a good amp for the price.

Pick up a Kicker ZX1500.1 (prolly aruond 350-450) and itll push a solid 1600-1700 watts rms and its a kicker amp and the L7s are perfectly matched when being run through that.

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 35
haha just read that ^^^ made it sound like the amp blew the sub.....It was manufacturer defect on the sub...not a dis on hifonics

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1116
" Sony explode now thats over rated"

Strange.
In every sony bench test I've seen they've met RMS ratings, and everything '06 and newer is CEA compliant.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3831
they're just simply bad! Sony s*cks cuz they're not what we're expecting.

Cal i think you're dumb cuz if you have a 1000w rms amp and a 1000w rms sub, you didn't blow it by overpowering. How has the gain?? i think you had the sh1t to the max.

I'm with rovin, you can't get too much when it comes to budget.

FYI hifonics high end lines are damn good, colossus, XXX... all are great
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us