New 3 way system

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1582
Hey guys I'm looking for a new 3 way component system. I would like it to be a 6.5/6.5/tweet but a 6.5/4/tweet will work too. Try and keep it under 700. The amp is an Elemental Designs NINe.2X (150x2 @4ohm).

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1400
PM me if you are interested in CDT. I'll help you out on it. Budget shouldn't be a problem.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1583
alteraudio gimme some reasons why CDT would be better than some of the other brands i could get in that price range(Focal, DLS, Rainbow...).

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1402
it will all come down to personal preference. I liked the sound of the M6/HD-4/ES-01 combo. Had a nice balance, with good install a little EQing the volume levels acheived are very good. Prefer CDT over Rainbows as the rainbows i've used at too light on the midrange. Very warm and airy feeling. Does well on girls voices but didn't like it on guys. DLS are probably the only one of the group you mentioned I really like as they are very well balanced over the entire frequency range, a little pricey to get the sets I've liked. Focal, it all comes down to the tweeter. Some tweeters from them i like but others i don't. I've noticed they are very directional tweeters where install played a great deal on how I liked them. Midrange was good though. It will all come down to price between DLS and CDT if i was the one buying.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us