I found the problem to why I don't get 6krms

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1639
I was disappointed that when I got the chance to hook both subs to their own amplifiers, that I didn't get that 6krms feeling that I should of have gotten. We'll, this morning I was messing around with the gains to see if both amps were working correctly, and one of the amps does not work. I didn't fry the amp or anything, it was just DOA, and I had a feeling it was since something was loose inside when I first got it. Atleast I know that once I get my amplifier replaced, I'll be good to go and it'll get louder than I thought it would have.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8677
thats cool you found the problem berny. how long is it going to take to ship the amp back and get another one?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1640
Contacted Ben at low-hz. So I'm waiting for his reply. And hopefully this will be dealt with before the comp and I can go to the comp running full power.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8680
i hope it works out in speedy time for you berny.

you can still enter with one amp. you said its just as loud if not louder than mine with 2000wrms.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1641
Yeah it does get loud at 2k. and If anything I'll just have to, I mind as well see what I can do at 2k. But if I can get this sent out this week, they get it next week, and hopefully send out another amp the same week and it should be here before the 26th. bc for a fact this amp was DOA no doubt. It looks like it works bc theres no protection light, its not fried bc I don't smell anything, it just doesn't work for some reason. So hopefully I can get through this with ease.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8682
i hope you do get the amp before then cause i want to put your system to shame with the full 6000wrms. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 675
I livee like an hour and a half away from la what comp is it ill go

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8683
its in rialto spl choice.

if you live like hour and a half away north of los angeles then you are looking at around 2 and a half hour drive. its about an hour drive south of los angeles. towards victorville kinda.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=9023

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 676
how weird....I live in oak hills ten mins away from victorville haha..maybe we can get each others numbers, you going to it?

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2397
lol i remember you told me about that amp when we got them, i thought you would have sent it back by now

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8684
yeah i am going their. hope to see you there. i will pm you with my cell number later.

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 680
alright coo.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2375
gotta love comps .. hehe.

ive got one this 28th but ive got a long ways to go.. still gotta get my other SX in.. design and build a new box.. then figure out how in the world im going to get it inside my trunk. run more wiring and figure out where im going to mount the second amp.. blah blah blah .. aye yi yi!

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1642
no word from Ben....time to contact Kevin then.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 550
u heard something loose in a brand new amp and didnt send it back asap?? OMG BERNY.. lol

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1643
I told Ben about it when I got it. So he said when I get it hooked up and all and it doesn't work just send it back and he'll take care of it. So I thought, I had nothing to worry about. So I'm just waiting for his reply now to see whats up and all.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8703
didn't you get a phone number when you got your amp?

start a thread with ben or kevin's name on the title.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1646
Kevin contacted me. Hope he doesn't say I held off to long. The amps were packaged good to take any hard impacts so I'm not sure if it broke during shipping.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8722
cool. hope it works out man.

so whats the deal with your component speakers? did you get it all installed yet? the suspense is killing me man.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1649
no comps yet. since their going to take awhile that is. but I did hook up some infinity comps last night bc I wanted some vocals. but I blew them.....

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8725
damn. how did you blow it?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1651
they did get loud for some reason, so I turned up the gain lmao. So i guess I clipped it to death lmao. Doesn't matter to me anyways,front comps are going in today once my sister gets back and I can work on my car.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8726
nice.

berny is rialto pass the 15 freeway from where i come from?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1653
yeah its pass the 15, but not to far from it. about a 15minute drive from the 15 to riverside ave.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1654
Kevin's going to call me back in 5minutes so we can take care of this. If I can ship this out today I will and hopefull get it back before the comp. the comp is like in 3 weeks so hopefully thats plenty of time.

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 965
so you bangin now???

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2416
hurry up.. your as slow as Chad when it comes to anything car audio related :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us