Same weird problem but still no explanation...

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2077
I remember i made numerous threads sayin my system didnt sound right. Its loud as hell like flexes doors and windows but it just doesnt sound right. I got my Q on a lanzar amp with a pioneer deck. Today just for the hell of it since i am snowed in and stuck at home i got my Q and connected it to an old Sony stereo for the fun of it, its only like a 20watt stereo, and wow. It wasnt near as loud as it is in my car but when i put Bass Mekanik on the lows sounded amazing, it like attacked my ears more then in the car, like it sounds "different", i notice alot of peoples car systems have that "difference" but i dont got it in my car. This question has still never been answered so what could be wrong?? Thanx.

BTW it seems it sounds deeper and lower.

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 100
Well given what you just said, and having read a few of your other posts, you would have to assume that the Lanzar you have is a pile of sh!t right? It sounds to me that your Sony in the house has better damping factor and possibly other advantages, and that's just funny when you think about it. And I am heavily assuming it's not an Opti-Drive you have.
Get a decent new amp and your problems will be over FTW.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2079
Every1 has there opinions but like opti said it was benched at 923watts rms, i believe it cuz it pumps my sub hard but ur probably right about the damping factor, thanx for your help alot man, could you explain what damping factor is and how it affects sound, thanx.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 102
So you are saying it is an Opti?
Damping factor is in simple terms the amplifier's ability to control the woofer cone. An amplifier with a higher damping factor (say >150) will sound "tighter" than an amp with a lower df. Let's say that a song called for quick percussive bass beats one after another. An amp with a higher df would be able to produce the first note and be stable and ready to produce the next note quicker than an amp with a lesser df. This gives a tighter, cleaner sound because the woofer is not still producing the note before. Whether or not a very high df is an advantage has been a heated debate for many years. Some people prefer a "looser" sounding bass and some prefer that quick slam with impact. And then others like somewhere in the middle of those two. Hope that makes sense man, it is getting late

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2081
No its not an Opti its a 268 vibe but cool so i never knew that thanks for the info man. So i would probably prefer a higher damping factor then right?? Im thinking about a NINe.1 still for months already but hopefully that would get rid of my problem right??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2082
When i said Opti, i meant the guy "Optidriven" on here.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1469
Bass Mekanik is the shiznat!!!...I got the double CD Reload....some great tracks on that one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us