Went from 2k to 6k......

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1632
I hooked up my subs to 1 amp because I didn't have RCA Y connectors. Anyways, I went from 2k to 6k and I feel as if it hit harder at 2k than it does at 6k.....both subs are movin. Anyone got any videos of how 6k should be like. It doesn't feel like 6k for some reason.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10300
subs not wired in phase ? ...

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1633
Their wired right, I'm positive of that, I just don't understand why there isn't a big difference.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8662
set the gain with a dmm?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1634
that I did not do, the gain is set at like under 1/4ths. Barely turned it on because I was scared to clip the subs. Also my amp input is 5volts and my hu puts out 6.5volts. So thats why I wasn't sure if I should put it up and all that.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8665
when you use a y adaptor it seems like i need to turn the gain up more than usual. anyways as long as you set your gain right with the dmm you shouldn't be clipping your subs.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1635
How do I set the gain with a DMM, probaly go get one tomarrow. Because the gain is real LOW! when I had my hifonics with the same HU the gain was like 40% not nearly half way. And on my massives, their at like 20% or 15%, not sure if I can go up any higher. So yeah, how do I set the gain with a DMM and what do I look for?

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8666
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1636
we'll, I'll see sup tomarrow. Hopefully It'll get loud enough to hurt me.

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 475
i noticed that sometime when i use a rca Y my music isn't as louder then when i have just 1 rca ran... but i also noticed that in my car woofers...when i have less wattage it seems louder...not as clean but way louder

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1425
do you think that 260 amps is enought alternator juice? i'm using a kx2500.1 on a 240 amp alternator and it uses all of it. i guess your extra battery helps and its not like you will listen at full volume all the time right? or will you....

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1637
with my current system I get to much attention full blastin at red lights, so I only pump 3/4ths or half power right now when crusin. and my 260amp alt with my two odyssey batts hold up.

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 476
i'm young n stupid so i would... make my money worth it

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1638
I don't play it really loud at a stop, probaly at like 12volume out of 40. and I still get looks lmao. I was thinking well its not loud, and I pulled up next to someone but was still behind them, and they still turned around. But when cruisin I have no problems at all.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2631
lol...
um berny is afraid of 6kw if u ask me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us