Good Bad Ok

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 739
http://cgi.ebay.com/4000-Watt-RMS-Digital-Mono-Block-Amp-MA-Audio-HK4000D_W0QQit emZ110073868043QQihZ001QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 159
what type of subs do you have? Also, keep in mind that that amp maxes out at 17 volts, something you will hardly ever see in a car.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1828
If you need 4kw I hope that you have a electrical system that can give you 17v!! HAHA Even then that is probably overrated. I personally wouldn't use a MA audio amp, but if it puts out anywhere near what it says it does, thats a pretty good price for it.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 740
i might b salin my orion 2500d but i was seein if it puts out more than the orion i might b runnin 2 type rs lol but i will soon have an 200amp alt. an i have 2 strands of 0/1 wire 1 power 1 ground from starter battery 2 battery in trunk an also have the big 3 cars not on the road yet iam tryin 2 git it finish by summer

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 64
How does a car reach 17 volts....my car barely ever goes much over 14

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5824
It'll depend on the regulator on your alternator. I had one that gave 16.5-18v @170A.
For that you will need a higher volt battery. The 12.5v will die.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 174
You guy's that knock MA Audio, are funny. I used to be the same way until I actually bought one. I don't know anything about that 4000w 2-channel one, but the HK401SX is pretty good. I had it in my car when one of my 1200D's blew out, and it really shocked me as far as its ratings. Of course it didn't hit as hard as the Orion did, but it was up there. I tried to have it bench tested at my buddy's shop, but I never got around to doing so, but when I do, you can believe I will post the results.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us