Jl or diamond

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 549
need to know what everyones opinion is, im getting the 6.5 comp set. im not goin with the zr's or hex's, but im goin in the middle of the road, im movin up from kappa perfect 5x7's. so who makes the better speaker? they will be amped also. thats taken care of

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10894
budget??

Silver Member

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 550
i need two sets so, about about 800 total. about 300-400 a set

Silver Member

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 551
i gotta get adapters made outta mdf, should be that hard tho... 5x7;s to 6.5's should soo much betta

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 87
I don't understand the budget part....with $300-400 per set you can easily get the hex's with cash to spare. I haven't heard any JL comps, but from what I read, they aren't nearly as regarded as their subs and amps. I own the S600S's and they are amazing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-Audio-S600S-S6-6-5-300W-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQi temZ120068657281QQihZ002QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2858
i'd take the diamonds. i like the way they sound alot better than the jl's, but since you can afford either pair just get what sounds best to you.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2616
cdt-hd62

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1396
the ZRs have the better midrange IMO but total package goes to the Hexs. Just something I don't like in the high frequencies(mid and highs) and how they blend. HD's are a good pick also in there.

Silver Member

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 553
i jus priced some hex's on wfe store, and there like 299. my speaker shop said they were like 800 bucks, they were gonna knock my teeth out.. haha, not anymore...hex's for me...

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1398
Thought this was interesting.

http://www.diamondaudio.com/inc/dsp_popupOnlinePurchaseDisclaimer.html

Silver Member

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 557
oooo...thanks man. what do u think about woofersetc.com thats were i got my kicker amp, and it works fine????

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1399
some companies allow for online sales others don't. Their stuff is usually new but its just not covered under manufacturers warranty which can lead to problems. When i worked at a store, funny enough it was Freeman's Stereo and Video, alot of people bought JL stuff from woofersetc.com and if something went wrong with it we'd have to turn them away b/c JL won't touch it but then the same problem from a customer who bought it from us and we'd switch it out for a new one and then send in the amp/speakers to get fixed, no hassle.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 399
its always good to have a warranty but if your dealer charges 800 and woofersetc charges 300 thats 500 bucks difference ( simple math :-) ) the chances of you gettin em from woofers and them going bad are unpredictable i guess its a hard decision....

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 393
my hex's(metal tweeter) failed me in the past get the warranty.

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 95
I got the Hex's with Silk Tweeters, and Id take them over anything JL has anyday ! The only comp set JL has that is even comparable, is the . . . ZR series, and I beliver they are MUCH MORE the the HEX's. GO HEX, you will not be sorry. Ol Matt mentioned cdt-hd62, never heard them, but they have to be quite phenominal if ther are eve comparable.

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 96
And I agree, warranty is always good though ! But honetsly, you have to play something pretty hard to Fudge it up. Use you brain and I dont think you will have to worry, although there are always them freq occurences.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 395
it had 85 watts going to them and the tweeter melted it was an agressive never let up lil jon song

Bronze Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 34
id go with the jl components there good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us