New Plans. Looking For Subwoofer That Matches This Idea

Bronze Member
Username: Korpseofdeath

San Lorenzo, California United States

Post Number: 26
So now I have confirmed multiple times that a 15" woofer is just NOT going to fit into my thunderbird, i'm going to stick with 12"'s, like I have before, but I want some strong power, so I won't blow them out like I did the last 2. (hehe) so I am really looking towards 1000-2000 RMS power. I was looking at the Pioneer Premier TS-W3004SPL, as I do have a Pioneer Premier head unit with 5v preouts, and I have a JBL GTO 1201.1 II amp, which is 2OHM stable. Can someone give me any good idea's for nice and loud SQ sub. I'm really looking towards the that Pioneer sub, is that a good sub, or should I go with RE audio, and get a 12? Let me know.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2852
well first that pioneer isn't a sq sub. imo it's pretty horrible sounding. i'd look into a fi q, pair of w6's, maybe a si mag, or an idmax.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10286
i disagree ^^^^ with saying a 3004 sounds horrible

when they r new & very stiff yes they do in fact sound bad but give this baby a chance in the proper specs box when broken in & it will surprise u with how loud & decent enough SQ

if u really want more into SQ though i'd advise a different sub.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
What would you go with. Right now i'm looking at Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, and Polk audio.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2853
i said that based on the ones i've heard. actually heard a few setups with them. not saying there the worst, but imo they don't sound really well. i've heard them in sealed and ported boxes, trunks and suvs. while they do get plenty loud for the money, i just didn't care for the sq. i'd place them a little below the type r in the sq department.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10290
""" i'd place them a little below the type r in the sq department."""

4 real i would agree with u on that mike

trick to the premiers is that they need a box quite bigger than what pioneer recommends 4 them - i nfact the same goes 4 all pio/premier subs

even though i havent heard it personally i'd buy a a FI Q 15" 4 SQ .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I can't get a 15, i'm limited to 12"s and lower.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Where do I get information about ordering an FI Q 12in sub?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2854
www.ficaraudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us