Problem Solved!!

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 678
Ok so after some deep investigation of all my wires, connections, and even opening the amp...I got it solved. Like I said earlier, I checked to see if the fuse had blown on the in-line fuse holder and it didn't...BUT, I never took the fuse out to examine it, until just now! lol Anyway, I discovered that the one of the fuse's end had kinda "soldered" itself into one end of the fuse holder. Note, I had the glass cyclinder fuse holder with a 60 amp fuse inside. Soo, I took that off and tried powering it directly to the battery and TAA-DAAAA... I'm bumping again! lol I'm going to bump it until Friday, I'm going to buy an ANL fuse/holder!

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1834
Ummmm...That's good to hear that you know what the problem is...

But I'm pretty sure there's a reason for fuses, and that running it without the fuse may lead to even more problems...

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1335
I would stop and get a bananna split on the way. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
Tyler: Yea I know, I mean like I said I'm going to get an ANL fuse/holder Friday when I get paid. So I should be ok until then, I've gone longer without a fuse at all! Not anything I'm proud of though! lol

Mix: Yea I know! It's kinda funny you speak of ice cream...my girl is making me a bowl of Strawberry Ice Cream as I type! lol

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 864
This doesn't make any sense...if you checked all your cables how could your power cable at the amp have any power with the fuse blown?I'm really confused here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
No NO No, lol there WEREN'T ANY fuses blown. The fuse that was in the fuse holder had kinda "soldered" itself inside of the metal holders. The metal ends on the glass fuse had melted inside of the damn thing. I don't know if that cleared anything up. I'll draw a pic in a few! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 682
Here ya go Rob. Sorry for the half @$$ explanation I gave! Hope this helps!Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1841
Wow my wiring kit uses one of those two pronged fuses...big 100A one...and it's Scosche! Who would have guessed...

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 865
Well either way,next time you have a problem try to test your cables at the end of the circuit or right where your resistor is placed in this case being your amp.That's why I asked if you had checked all your cables.The other day my HU went out for no reason and I checked all the fuses and they were all good so I busted out the test light and found my 12V constant had no current running through it at the HU,I'm not even sure where the short is in the wire but I just tapped into the fusebox and problem solved and I thought I was gonna have to buy a new HU,lucky me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 687
Yea, I'm not a real fan of those glass fuses. It came with a cheap power acoustik amp kit someone gave me! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us