Three 10" cvrs, two 10" L7's, one 10" Q

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 132
guys i am just wondering wat i should get, because this is wat i narrowed it down to and thats what want..i cant have a 12 or 15 cuz i dont have the room thats why its a 10"...i will be giving watever subs i get 1500 watts RMS..so wat do u think would be the best....obviously the Q would have the best SQ, but the other two i dont no what to expect..i just hope everything i put on my list has a LITTLE bit better sound quality then my mtx 9500 cuz that thing sucked!!!

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 200
with the right enclosure and application 9500's sound good. maybe it just doesnt play your genre of music well..idk anyway, what kind of enclosure are you putting this setup in? go ahead and scrap the L7's, very little sq besides the low frequency range. SPL=3 cvrs SQ=1 Q
if it were me id buy one Q and maybe add another when my budget is higher

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
well i had the mtx in the sledgehammer box that it came in...and it did sound good i guess but its just to big and baulky for my new car...its a 1991 pontiac firebird (hatchback) so i want something that is going to sound a lil cleaner since its not going to be in a trunk..so do u think the L7's or the 3 cvr's would be louder...and which one would have better sq

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2335
The CVRs.. I'd suggest you get two Fi SSDs over them though

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
so u think two 10" ssds would be louder then the three 10" cvr's ?

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 266
definitely and prolly sound better 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
ok so scrath the three CVRS cuz i really dont have room for 3 anyway..ok so would two 10" ssds compare to maybe one 10" L7...?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2336
Idk.. CVRs will have the cone advantage but wiring 3 subs is going to throw your ohm load off. Two ported SSDs would be louder than 3 sealed CVRs though :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
alright alright....one 10" q would be pretty nice but how would that compare to two 10" L7's

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2363
it will sound better but not be as loud

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
alright thanks man....i still dont no wat im gonna do yet..i kinda want to try kicker cuz i havent tryed that brand yet.....some said above that it will sound good when it gets low, is that true...can they get low??

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2369
well yeah but they really dont sound that great, im sure 1 Q or 2 SSDs on 1500 will be plenty for you

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
do u think one 10" q would be louder then one mtx 9500 12"

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
or would 2 ssd 10's be louder then the 12" mtx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2350
The SSDs would be louder..

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

Comp Vr H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 967
3 cvrs

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1516
^^^^^^^^^^^^POST HO!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2412
^^ ditto

seeing everyone continue jumping on the kicker bandwagon kind of pisses me off .. lol its quite old. kicker is probably one of the most common sub to ask questions about.. its all been asked and answered yet there are still questions!

aye yi yi!

port you two Fi SSDs on 1600rms and call it a day, you won't regret it and whenver you pull up next to someone running kicker, you'll know why you chose a better sub :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us