Nothing Seems wrong...

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 670
I opened up the Audioburn amp to see if I could see anything that may be a problem. First of all for those who don't know, the amp just stopped working on me yesterday outta the blue. No fuses were blown anywhere, all connections were A+, the amp just shut off!! I've been bumping it for about a week, and now it just shuts off...what could be wrong? I personally think it's fried!
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 859
You checked all wires for current?Did you make sure the ground was working properly?

Silver Member

Post Number: 674
Yea I checked all wires, the ground was properly secured and all! Its just weird that it cut off for nothing, I wasn't even playing it loud. No Smoke, no popping, no noises, no nothing! I don't understand!

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 530
joo do the wire direct from power to remote?

Silver Member

Post Number: 675
No, what exactly do you mean?

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 639
he means to directly wire it on.... to see if its ur rem. wire... to do this hook up ur + and - but not ur rem. wire... get a lil piece of wire and put from the rem. on ur amp to the + on ur amp.. it should power on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 676
Ok, I'll go try that right now!

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 640
well.. yes no maybe? did it power on?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 861
Well if you tested all your wires...you would already know that you don't need to jump the remote from the battery wire...but I guess you didn't listen to what I said or you misunderstood me.

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 642
bump

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1333
Did u ever figure out what that mystery black spot was that was next to the amp on the carpet (https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/308626.html)

Now you say that there is no more mystery spot and that the amp just doesnt work, hmmmmmmmmm..........

Try this;

Use process of ellimination.

Take the amp out and hook it up to another vehicle with a known working system, and see if you amp is really the problem. If it works on the secondary vehicle I would suggest that you check your wires with a continuity tester to see if they are good.

If everything checks out, I would then check your HU settings. Make sure that your subwoofer setting is turned up (I hope your sub volume has not been at 0 all this time, lol). Check your fader, ballance, crossover settings, etc... Check all equipment that may involve your subwoofer amp (directly or indirectly) such as an external electronic crossover, ditribution block, or cop switch.

Silver Member

Post Number: 680
I got everything right now mix! thanks though. But the spot, I have no idea where that could have come from. When I opened up the amp, I couldn't find any signs of a leaky compacitor or anything, so I'm guessing that the oily stuff was some tire shine or something of that nature that could have possibly spilled out of some of the bottles I have in the back! But it's behind the box, so I don't know how in the hell the bottles could have gotten back there! lol Beats me, and as far as the Subwoofer setting turned up, I have the Pioneer DEH-16, and it doesn't even have the SW setting on it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
so did u direct connect the remote?

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
nvrm, i just saw u made ur 3rd thread on this topic...lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums