Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2850
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8470

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2378
looks nice, but i think i might stick with my Q/Mag plan, doesnt sound like it will have quite enough SQ for me

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8588
ah but that is where you are wrong doktah. my btl has some nice sq. for reals. i really like it.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2380
well while thats all fine and dandy lol, i want lots of SQ and im tired of single sub set ups, its impressive when they own 2 sub set ups but i want to cheat and get all the SPL with all the SQ i can get

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 85
Message to Fi: It's January, where's my BBQ?

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 96
When asked "when is the new line coming out"? Scott wrote:

Hopefully we can launch things on the 15th... but this depends heavily on the web designer.
We will have the standard sub... then the flatwind, pole chamfer, full cooling, BTL leads, and daily or SPL gaps as the options for now. We will see if the third magnet, larger gapping, and full cooling with the Q coil amounts to much when I get a chance to really test things. As I have stated elsewhere, I dont think it is going to be a huge benefit for most applications and that the standard Q runs into mechanical limits in most installs before thermal... so adding the full cooling wont do much given that the suspension will crap out before the coil will...

Thanks...
Scott

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 83
I can build them and sell them today if I needed to... We have had everything we have needed for a few weeks. :-) Just that its a little harder to sell without all the info being up on the site(And I dont want to field all the questions via eamil that could easily be answered by having it all up on the website)
Web designer says it should be done by the 15th... so Ill go with that date.

BBQ...lol ummm I think thatll be a no. But I did get a good laugh out of it:-)

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8610
since you like using music group for your sub so much how about OMD.

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 87
Please tell me thats not Orchestral Manu.... the foofy 80s band?!??!? A very solid NO to that one ;)

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8615
lol yeah it is. they got some decent songs.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1847
I have a question Scott, what is the idea of this sub? SQ/SQL/SPL or a mix of everything?

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8617
i think its a great idea scott is coming out with this new line.

just my .75 cents.

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 89
I got a kick out of that one as I know who they are and my wife has a couple of their CDs... funny thing is I was going through all of her CDs last night putting them on her Ipod... and I made a conscious decision to skip over that CD and a few others ;) I was thinking I didnt want to get stuck listening to that, Shania, or Staind...lol... sorry ;)
I was playing in hardcore bands when they were popular and probably didnt have much nice to say about them at that point in time... 20 years later Im sure I could appreciate them as musicians... as I can find the good in any type of music that shows talent... but... naw.

Ill get back to this one after work. At worst, it is one heck of a comedic relief reading all the names between doing emails late at night :-)

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 90
Less SQ and more SQL/SPL.
In all honesty this was a design that was done after Fi went to market. I saw where people were buying and for what and decided that this seemed to fill a solid niche for those wanting something similar to a Q... maybe a little peakier for gorund pounding... or less than a BTL, but with some SPL ability.
There just seemed to be a grey area that the new sub will try and fill. Its not a revised Q... not at all. But something closer to a BTL and it is designed to fit from where a Q is rated and designed for power wise (not what some people like to brutalize them with ;) ) and with all the options added, get right up to the point of where the standard BTL starts.
They will work in similar enclosures and tunings to everything else, but have less of the saddle shaped response that the BTL has due to its low qts. The new driver has more of a middle of the road qts to it and is a little more flexible of a design.

Hope that helps... and not confuses things more (like I normally tend to do).

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1849
Actually, I asked this in the event you do have the naming contest hehe...I'll need something to work with.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3174
So basically Scott, its a BTL with less sq? cause thats what i got out of it

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8622
i think its btl with less power handling.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 631
^^^just about what i got out of it... they came out just in time for peoples income tax checks, thats all im waiting on.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8626
nice. so you are gonna be the first in line for those subs tremor?

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 644
chad i think ur right less power handling and a much better price tag! :-)

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8635
yeah.

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 663
It's a good thing I didn't order my Q yet. I want one of those instead.

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 93
Q is SQ oriented. This is not. It bridges the gap between the Q and the BTL a little better. There are plenty of people out there that are looking for a lower powered SPL sub or a daily pounder that isnt as SQ oriented. The BTL can sound great in the right application, but the qts is so low that you get a saddle shaped response curve (not that it really matters as your vehicles transfer function will really dominate things). But the new line of drivers has a more middle of the road qts with a stiffer suspension than the Q, but 1 spider less than the BTL. Kind of a BTL lite ;)
If you are going for a clean daily driver with 800-1300W (although many would aregue even more power...) go with the Q. This one isnt for that. The new driver really doesnt step on the toes of the Q at all. They are intended for different applications. If you have 800-2000W and are looking for a little more SPL oriented application... then go with the new line. 800-1000W stock, then adding options to get up to approx 2000W... right were the standard BTL comes into play.

Thanks...
Scott
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us